• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Why? He has failed 7 fitness tests.

He has failed a fitness test before every major LO tournament in the recent past

World Cup 2015
World T20 2016
Champions Trophy 2017

If anything, Pakistan has been far too lenient with him.

No other country would tolerate an international cricketer repeatedly failing fitness tests

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know. He's a ****, no doubt.

Just the way he complained about the "swearing" part, I guess. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Remember, vcs, that you are talking about a guy who went and told mom (Imran) when he was not given the position he wanted in the batting order. The Akmal clan deserve every bit of disgrace and insult thrown their way. Pak cricket will always be better off without them. The Marlon Samules of Pakistan.

Daemon

Remember, vcs, that you are talking about a guy who went and told mom (Imran) when he was not given the position he wanted in the batting order. The Akmal clan deserve every bit of disgrace and insult thrown their way. Pak cricket will always be better off without them. The Marlon Samules of Pakistan.
Bit harsh. All Kakmal did was be dire behind the wickets. Adnan Akmal wasn't very good either but I don't think they were ****s.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Was pleasantly surprised when I checked ked the score last night to find we weren't all out on day one! Small mercies..seem to be going ok but it's a very long tail so these two need to bat most of today and get us near 320..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
involved in?
He was talking about the pitch not quite being what Pakistan wanted but that the groundsman was very fair. He then said in jest, he is also and Indian so we are finished..and then said the producer is also Indian so it might be me finished..

SeamUp

International Coach
Had a poor debut and they finally realized that he needs FC overs under the belt. Both Shadab and his coach Mushtaq have mentioned now that they are focusing on FC in the immediate future. Asghar who has been the second spinner in the squad for a while before Shadab is back in the reckoning. A bit disappointed he didnt get a debut here.

This is where Pak missed Misbah. They saw a touch of green on the surface and wrongly concluded that this was a 3 seamer pitch. Arthur since taking over has mostly played overseas and doesn't quite have the grasp of UAE yet.

Even if there is grass, the surface never offers the same bite or movement and 2 spinners is a must here
Really like his skills and attitude. It is good idea he learns the longer version game outside of international focus. Got to look after this one.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good session for us and well done to Chandi on his first hundred as captain.. my question is though, what has changed? why are we suddenly able to bat again? The opposition isn't poor, yes the wicket is flat but something has changed? Don't get me wrong I am really pleased it has, but just curious so see what has made the difference...

Himannv

International Coach
Absolutely gobsmacked by the scoreline. How are we not all out for 230? It's unprecedented and probably there's some match fixing involved somewhere. Amir is playing isn't he?

vcs

Could be an interesting game with Pakistan not having Younis and Misbah. Good test for their batting lineup.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Aim for us is to keep Pakistan out in the field until after tea..if we can get to 450 that would be a bonus but one more wicket and we are finished..