• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2019 will be a huge bore-fest

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'm being too harsh. I can see it from Adders' point of view, if he really does think I'm serious most of the time (for whatever reason) then I can't really blame him for thinking I'm an utter moron.

cnerd123

likes this
also some people just don't vibe with that kind of humor. Look how polarizing Gnske is. I love him but people hate his guts.

Different strokes for different folks. Can we all just hug and make up now?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
When was the last time you've responded to a comment of mine and not made a complete idiot of yourself? I can't even think of one

How obvious do I have to make it that I'm joking before you actually pick it up. It's mind blowing mang

seriously, next time you think I've posted something that seems really stupid, step back and maybe have a think before responding
:laugh:

Here's the thing Brah, if you want to claim a post as "I was joking" there is one pretty fundamental but basic requirement for that post........it needs to at least try to be funny. Now we can't all be comedic geniuses like your mate gnske of course, so I'm not expecting to bust a rib or piss my pants over your little "jokes"......but ya know, at least some attempt at wit or humour would help.

Now go back and read your post again and you tell me where you think you were going with the humour. Seriously mate, it's just not there.

And as for your tip on my posting.......you know there are handful of members on here that if they offered me such advice I would listen to them (in fact it has happened on a couple of occasions and I have taken it) but you, you're not one of them I'm afraid. In fact I think quite the opposite, the very fact that you think I need to moderate how I post is probably as good an indication I could get that I'm doing just fine.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'm being too harsh. I can see it from Adders' point of view, if he really does think I'm serious most of the time (for whatever reason) then I can't really blame him for thinking I'm an utter moron.
Perhaps you should just not try to do funny or stick to fart jokes.......

TheJediBrah

:laugh:

Here's the thing Brah, if you want to claim a post as "I was joking" there is one pretty fundamental but basic requirement for that post........it needs to at least try to be funny. Now we can't all be comedic geniuses like your mate gnske of course, so I'm not expecting to bust a rib or piss my pants over your little "jokes"......but ya know, at least some attempt at wit or humour would help.

Now go back and read your post again and you tell me where you think you were going with the humour. Seriously mate, it's just not there.

And as for your tip on my posting.......you know there are handful of members on here that if they offered me such advice I would listen to them (in fact it has happened on a couple of occasions and I have taken it) but you, you're not one of them I'm afraid. In fact I think quite the opposite, the very fact that you think I need to moderate how I post is probably as good an indication I could get that I'm doing just fine.
Honestly I'm just trying to help you because you clearly have issues and your responses to my posts can't be good for your anger management.

If you don't think I'm funny, and you go irate every time you see one of my posts then just put me on ignore or don't respond to me? It's really not that complicated surely, and it's getting old seeing you go off your rocker as often as you do. Just remember that my heart is in the right place. I'm trying to help.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is one poster here who is a little too thin skinned and self righteous. But I won't say who it is.

Daemon

2019 WC will be dull because Australia will win it in a canter like they do more often than not. We had that aberration in 2011 but that aside, you just back them in at WCs. It’s the way of things.
Not with Cartwright playing you won't

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
What a mysterious phenomenon your reduction in interest in World Cups is. I'm sure it has nothing to do with England doing poorly in them and Australia doing well, so I wonder what it is
I do not know where you are going with this because A/ I do not support England in limited overs and B/ Australia never entered my head; only Australians are obsessed with Australia.

Name one good cricket world cup since Goochy and Imran Khan? All instantly forgettable bloated competitions except for the game with the Donald/Klusener run-out.

PS

I did enjoy the women's world cup. It had much better cricket than the Champions Trophy.

TheJediBrah

I do not know where you are going with this because A/ I do not support England in limited overs and B/ Australia never entered my head; only Australians are obsessed with Australia.

Name one good cricket world cup since Goochy and Imran Khan? All instantly forgettable bloated competitions except for the game with the Donald/Klusener run-out.

PS

I did enjoy the women's world cup. It had much better cricket than the Champions Trophy.
Can't really disagree with any of that tbh

inevitable when you want to play all these minnows

_00_deathscar

International Regular

PS

1996 was a good World Cup.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
As there will only be 10 teams in it it will be the first time it hasn't included all Test playing nations and possibly the first without any non-Test playing nations. Debatable whether either of those things enhances it greatly, but there you go.....

cnerd123

likes this
The dust between Addres and TJB hasn't barely settled before flibbertyjibber enters the fray, swinging hard for Firebreaker

SillyCowCorner1

Lemme chime in...

Is a bore fest much worse than a snoozefest?

With guys like Hardik, de kock, Head,Fakhar, and recently qualified Dickwell all on course to face off in WC 19, this is far from a **** fest.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might not be as pathetic as your posts.Given that you have reached 19k posts,CW should really consider charging for posts so that people like you can go back to farming
Are you saying you have a problem with what he's saying? I don't mean to get a wrong impression but you sort of seem to be implying that you do. It's subtle, but I think it's there.