Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

State Vice-Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

So I think that putting Shai Hope as the limited overs keeper takes some of the batting out of him.

So for the next match, give the gloves to Sunil Ambris, and drop Samuels.

Bishoo is ineffective. Possibly the least effective leggie in the world at the moment.

Thoughts? Share.
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

Yeah, I would think that when you've got someone as potentially good as Hope having jsut found their feet and starting to fulfill their promise as an international batsmen, you should just let them keep at it for a bit, not pile extra responsibility on them.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about potential other wicketkeepers, but right now dropping Samuels is probably something the team can afford to do (now I've said this he'll probably been retained and smash a match-winning century in the next game)

As for Bishoo, I like him and would argue that his ODI record so far is decent enough, albeit he probably needs to take a few more wickets. Test-wise, I would want him around, though maybe not an automatic pick - conditions dependant?

To be completely honest, from a test POV, assuming Darren Bravo comes back in for Kyle Hope, you've got a side which is going to win games. T20s you're good in too. ODIs there's certainly room for development
    Want every conversation to be about cricket? Download your copy of The Cricketer's Lexicon now! It's a constantly evolving project, so contribute here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bijed View Post
    Yeah, I would think that when you've got someone as potentially good as Hope having jsut found their feet and starting to fulfill their promise as an international batsmen, you should just let them keep at it for a bit, not pile extra responsibility on them.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about potential other wicketkeepers, but right now dropping Samuels is probably something the team can afford to do (now I've said this he'll probably been retained and smash a match-winning century in the next game)

As for Bishoo, I like him and would argue that his ODI record so far is decent enough, albeit he probably needs to take a few more wickets. Test-wise, I would want him around, though maybe not an automatic pick - conditions dependant?

To be completely honest, from a test POV, assuming Darren Bravo comes back in for Kyle Hope, you've got a side which is going to win games. T20s you're good in too. ODIs there's certainly room for development
    I just don't like the idea of giving him added responsibility.

If they wanted, they could have brought in Chadwick Walton into the ODI squad. He is a pretty good keeper. He builds morale also with his buddy Kensrick.

Sunil Ambris got here on merit. He has been performing.

About the Darren Bravo/Kyle Hope issue. That is a non-issue. Bravo will soon be in the team again. Shimron will also.

We have to build around these players and produce results. I personally dislike Holder the captain.

My Team for 2nd ODI

Gayle
    Lewis
    Hope
    Samuels
    Mohammed
    Ambris (WK)
    Powell
    Holder
    Nurse
    Williams
    Taylor

Notes:

- Ambris averages 50+ in List A cricket and keeps for the Windward Islands. He's already spent 2 series sitting on the bench. He needs to play.

- Powell needs to be given some overs. He does well whenever he gets given the ball yet they just don't bowl him. Number 7 will suit him much more than 6, he can come in and hit quick fire 40s and 50s and finish off the innings.

- Bishoo is not the best ODI option, he bowls too loosely and offers no control.
    Camo999 likes this.

^^ agree about the Rovman Powell batting position.

I feel that someone in the lineup needs to be a 'floater', that can be used to fit into a role. A role meaning to adapt to a situation instantaneously.

The only player in the world who can do this at the moment is Moeen Ali
    Beamer likes this.

Rovman can float up the order depending on circumstance i guess. The only issue is I wouldn't expect him to be too good in a rebuilding the innings scenario.

In other news, the A team squad has been selected for the 4 day matches.

Shamarh Brooks (Captain), Vishal Singh (Vice-Captain), Sunil Ambris, John Campbell,Yannic Cariah,Rahkeem Cornwall, Sheldon Cottrell,Jahmar Hamilton,Montcin Hodge, Damion Jacobs,Keon Joseph,Reynard Leveridge, Oshane Thomas

So the likely team:

John Campbell
    Montcin Hodge
    Shamarh Brooks (c)
    Sunil Ambris
    Vishaul Singh (vc)
    Yannick Cariah
    Jahmar Hamilton (wk)
    Rakheem Cornwall
    Keon Joseph
    Reynard Leveridge/Sheldon Cotterell/Damion Jacobs
    Oshane Thomas

The batting looks weak. Shamarh Brooks and Sunil Ambris are probably the closest to test honours whilst Vishaul Singh could force his way back if he looks back in form. He has scored a lot of A team runs in the past.

The bowling looks seriously exciting though with extreme pace in Leveridge and Thomas, quality seam bowling in Joseph and excellent off spin with Cornwall. I'm looking forward to the series.

Vishaul Singh should be able to dominate. I don't know what happened when he was playing for Windies. The guy is legit. He just need some encouragement.

Somehow I feel he is the Jason Mohammed of the test squad.

International Captain mr_mister's Avatar
    My dads name is John Campbell. Hope the bloke plays well
    cricket rules brah

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Has Cornwall hit the gym yet?
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    He's hitting the gym every day.

Banned
    Good for them to play in Qualifiers.They can annihilate some Associates bar Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    I honestly feel the question with Rakheem is not if he's hitting the gym but if he is still having a KFC mega bucket afterwards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    My Team for 2nd ODI

Gayle
    Lewis
    Hope
    Samuels
    Mohammed
    Ambris (WK)
    Powell
    Holder
    Nurse
    Williams
    Taylor

Notes:

- Ambris averages 50+ in List A cricket and keeps for the Windward Islands. He's already spent 2 series sitting on the bench. He needs to play.

- Powell needs to be given some overs. He does well whenever he gets given the ball yet they just don't bowl him. Number 7 will suit him much more than 6, he can come in and hit quick fire 40s and 50s and finish off the innings.

- Bishoo is not the best ODI option, he bowls too loosely and offers no control.
    like that team...is Ambris an aggressive batsman? If not, I'd swap him with Mohammed in the batting order
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    like that team...is Ambris an aggressive batsman? If not, I'd swap him with Mohammed in the batting order
    AMbris is pretty flexible, I've seen him play both aggressively and I've seen him rotate the strike in the middle overs.

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information