• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's all she wrote. Guyana bowled out for 224 in 69.1 overs

Shillingford with 4 for 59 in 24 overs

Guyana at one stage were 101 for 6

96 partnership from Sheppard and Singh

Tajenarine Chandperaul- 2
Trevon Griffith-18
Leon Johnson- 15
Vishaul Singh-75
Imlach- 8
Chris Barnwell-18
Anthony Bramble-4
Romario Sheppard-44
Veerasammy Permaul-21*
Keon Joseph-3
Clinton Pestano-2

Extras 14

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I managed to watch a couple of hours of the Barbados v Leewards fixture, which was actually really enjoyable. The pitch was very tricky for batting with seam movement and generous turn, whilst the pink ball really swung in night conditions.

Keon Harding was very impressive. Quick (commentators said he is timed at 88-92mph in training), but I was surprised at how consistent his length was. He also got a decent amount of in-swing. I'll keep an eye on him as if he keeps that up he's definitely a test prospect.

Chemar Holder was accurate and got lots of movement but kept beating the bat. Was brisk without being quick.Again, a decent prospect.

Miguel Cummins was just his usual self. Bowled a bit too short but causes problems at FC level with his awkward action and reasonable pace.

Hayden Walsh Jr is a leg spinner who took 5 wickets. He got big turn with his orthodox leggies but didn't show much variation and bowled quite a few long hops and full tosses. Decent talent but would need to be more acurate to be a test prospect.

The highlight was definitely Keacy Carty who scored 113 out of 250 in very challenging conditions against a very decent pace attack for FC level. This was a proper 4 day innings showing excellent judgement outside off stump and batting for most of the day. He is a test prospect for sure, but he needs to keep it up for the rest of the season.

SillyCowCorner1

A good matchup going on in the Guyana-Windwards game.

Windwards trail Guyana by 56 runs, with 3 wickets in hand.

Clinton Pestano with 4 wickets so far...Really impressed by him.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

This is rather interesting. Guyana bringing back Permaul into the attack, and it's Vishaul Singh who goes to the forward short-leg position. Would have expected Imlach (since he is a keeper)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see the balance of the bowling attacks, I hate it when WI FC teams only pick one proper pacer and then only give him 5 or 6 overs.

SillyCowCorner1

Good to see the balance of the bowling attacks, I hate it when WI FC teams only pick one proper pacer and then only give him 5 or 6 overs.
That's like BD test team.

It was interesting in the Guyana game today.

Leon Johnson took Veerasammy Permaul out of the attack when he had figures of 3-1-8-1

Operated with pacers from both sides.
Brought him back into the attack when Shillingford and Delorn Johnson was stitching together a nice little partnership, and seemed to overtake the Guyanese first innings total. They were 7 down.

Shillingford ran himself out. And Permaul cleaned up the tail.

SillyCowCorner1

Pestano stepping on the gas now. Playing his shots in the last two overs or so. He's getting most of the strike as well.

SillyCowCorner1

Yep and promptly got bowled through the gate by a pacer. Not much has changed....

I see Tage is making his dad look like a slogger. 75 not out, 300 balls, 2 fours. Yikes.
Baby steps. At least better than a Kieran Powell.

An opener occupying the crease and frustrating the bowlers.

Bat shiv bat

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep and promptly got bowled through the gate by a pacer. Not much has changed....

I see Tage is making his dad look like a slogger. 75 not out, 300 balls, 2 fours. Yikes.
Not a surprising dismissal. Remember him looking **** scared facing Pattinson, real rabbit in the headlights stuff.

As for Tage, good to see he is developing his fathers ability to bat long hours