• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What is the squad
Windies squad announced for the tour of Ireland. ODI series

Jason Holder (c)
Fabien Allen
Kemar Roach
Sunil Ambris
Darren Bravo
John Campbell
Sheldon Cotterell
Raymon Reifer
Roston Chase
Shai Hope
Ashley Nurse
Shannon Gabriel
Shane Dowrich
Jonathan Carter

slippy888

International Captain
Windies squad announced for the tour of Ireland. ODI series

Jason Holder (c)
Fabien Allen
Kemar Roach
Sunil Ambris
Darren Bravo
John Campbell
Sheldon Cotterell
Raymon Reifer
Roston Chase
Shai Hope
Ashley Nurse
Shannon Gabriel
Shane Dowrich
Jonathan Carter

No Andre Russle

SillyCowCorner1

I think the only reason as to why Esaun Crandon is not in the coaching staff for the World Cup is because he is the architect of Guyana's dominance in 4-day cricket.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Sarwan has joined the support staff of the Windies for the trination series
This is a brilliant move. Sarwan was the best West Indies batsman I have seen in terms of rotating the strike in ODI cricket. As this is our biggest problem by far, it's a common sense move to seek his assistance.

Beamer

SCC, what is your predicted ODI squad now that the new selectors are in place with a more inclusive policy?

Mine is:

Chris Gayle
Evin Lewis
Shai Hope (wk)
Shimron Hetmeyer
Darren Bravo
Nicholas Pooran (wk)
Jason Holder
Andre Russell
Dwayne Bravo
Fabian Allen
Ashley Nurse
Keemo Paul
Kemar Roach
Sheldon Cotterel
Oshane Thomas

Strengths are experience, batting talent, power hitters and decent seam options. Weaknesses are very poor spin options and rotation of strike.

SillyCowCorner1

That is a decent squad you've posted.

Dwayne Bravo, it'll be hard to see him coming back.

So from that squad, i'll replace him with Shannon Gabriel.

In the batting department, I need a youngster: Brandon King

SillyCowCorner1

Missing a few seniors players, but not a bad side with the return of Matthews:

Squad: Stafanie Taylor (capt), Hayley Matthews (vice-capt), Deandra Dottin, Afy Fletcher, Karishma Ramharack, Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell, Shemaine Campbell, Natasha McLean, Stacy Ann King

Reserves: Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Reniece Boyce, Britney Cooper, Shanika Bruce, Shawnisha Hector

West Indies recall Hayley Matthews, Stacy-Ann King for Ireland, England tours | ESPNcricinfo.com

The Shabika Gajnabi in the reserves is from my village. From a very young age, she would play with the guys (her brothers) and us in a plot of land we call the 'ballfield'.

Bahseph

State Captain
I know Russell has been bossing it in the IPL but I can't see him finishing a 50 over tournament without being injured.

SillyCowCorner1

Did dwayne bravo even play 50 over cricket for Trinidad this year?
I think he played the previous season of the Regional Super50, and when he wasn't picked for the senior team he decided to call it quits in International cricket.

I think it might be the most recent season of the Super 50.
I'm not sure.

SillyCowCorner1

Former women's captain Merissa Aguilleira has retired from international cricket.

She was a stalwart of Windies women's cricket.

SillyCowCorner1

Trinis are like that. Same can be said about us Guyanese as well. We feel too proud.

I can see why them Trinis ah gwan suh. Dem think that dem bais can waltz in the WI without showing any committment to do so, i.e., they priorities.

Lil Bravo did the right thing at the right time...he went back to play in the FC competition, and got selected for the test series against ENG. He proved that he belonged....as Bran said to Theon: You are home now lol

Beamer

Trinis are like that. Same can be said about us Guyanese as well. We feel too proud.

I can see why them Trinis ah gwan suh. Dem think that dem bais can waltz in the WI without showing any committment to do so, i.e., they priorities.

Lil Bravo did the right thing at the right time...he went back to play in the FC competition, and got selected for the test series against ENG. He proved that he belonged....as Bran said to Theon: You are home now lol
Top Game of Thrones analogy! It's the way he trashes Jason Holder and bigs up Pollard that gets me. There's just no substance to that argument. At least back up the point with stats. Terrible journalism.

Beamer

The A team to play India has been selected. The main theme seems to be giving current and recent Windies players time in the middle rather than trying out new talent which is a shame.

One-Day Squad

Roston CHASE (Captain), Sunil AMBRIS, John CAMPBELL, Jonathan CARTER, Rahkeem CORNWALL, Shane DOWRICH, Akeem JORDAN, Kjorn OTTLEY, Keemo PAUL, Khary PIERRE, Rovman POWELL, Raymond REIFER, Sherfane RUTHERFORD, Romario SHEPHERD, Devon THOMAS

1ST & 2ND “TESTS” SQUAD

Kraigg BRATHWAITE (Captain), Sunil AMBRIS, Jermaine BLACKWOOD, Shamarh BROOKS, John CAMPBELL, Roston CHASE, Rahkeem CORNWALL, Miguel CUMMINS, Shane DOWRICH, Chemar HOLDER, Shermon LEWIS, Raymon REIFER, Jomel WARRICAN

3RD “TEST” SQUAD

Shamarh BROOKS (Captain), Sunil AMBRIS, Jermaine BLACKWOOD, Miguel CUMMINS, Akim FRAZER, Jahmar HAMILTON, Montcin HODGE, Chemar HOLDER, Brandon KING, Shermon LEWIS, Raymon REIFER, Jeremy SOLOZANO, Jomel WARRICAN

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cornwall finally getting a look in is awesome. Hel be an instant cult hero due to his appearance if he's even half decent at test level