• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Lots of discussion from the sky commentators that Evin Lewis should be in the test side too. I have to say I agree with them, he just looks class. It really is worth a go in my opinion. I doubt they will though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Why isnt blackwood in the sqaud. The way he plays in tests i would have thought he would be a great odi no.5.
I was wondering the same thing. I would have liked both Chase and Blackwood in the LO side but then checked their List A stats. Quite poor.

Tom Flint

International Regular
If evin lewis played in the test team he would be at least on par with what powell has done, but his potential is so much higher and it is obviously worth a try. Would love to see
Braithwaite
Lewis
Bravo
Hope
Chase
Blackwood

Beamer

So I've heard that the first test against Zimbabwe starts on October 18th and we have no squad and no itinerary. I guess this is to b expected given that the two boards involved are ZC and Cricket West Indies!!

Given the fact we have an A tour running at the same time and that we know the squad for that, I can only assume they are going to pick exactly the same test match squad as the one that toured England, maybe with Darren Bravo coming in for Kyle Hope. I guess this means Dowrich will get another tour to show his early promise wasn't an illusion.

Beamer

^^ where to put Hetmyer?

Aside from that, Sunil Ambris is the future.
Hetmeyer can come in for Kyle Hope if there is no Darren Bravvo in the squad. Otherwise his education as reserve batsman can continue for now, it won't hurt him.

Agree that Ambris looked really good today. I hope he scores lots of runs in the A team fixtures.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
What are odds of Bravo playing/not playing?
He's sorted out his problems with the board now so In theory, he should be good to go. But he missed this ODI series in England because he claimed "he wasn't ready". The thinking might be that he wants to play first class cricket for Trinidad first (which starts in around five weeks or so) before coming back to the WI fold. I'd love to see him face Zim though as I think that would be a good way to get his feet wet again.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it can't be the hardest of introductions back to test cricket.

Lets not jinx it, but there's potentially the reality of a decent test team

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Given that Bishoo is on a bit of a decline, any chance for a Shillingford comeback? Saw him playing in CPL recently so his action surely got cleared.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given that Bishoo is on a bit of a decline, any chance for a Shillingford comeback? Saw him playing in CPL recently so his action surely got cleared.
I don't know if he'll make it, might get called again.

So we some sort of buffer until Rahkeem loses some kilos.

There's SLA Gudkesh Motie Kanhai...

Lookin even further is 18 year old Bhaskar Yadram. Talented kid. Jacques Kallis like.

Tom Flint

International Regular
If you made an all time xi team from each of the windies' main cricket islands...which country would have the strongest team?

Beamer

If you made an all time xi team from each of the windies' main cricket islands...which country would have the strongest team?
Barbados for me. By some distance. They're just a conveyor belt of excellent cricketers, even now.

Slifer

International Captain
Barbados and it's not remotely close. Barbados XI vs the rest:

Hunter
Greening
Weekes
Walcott+
Worrell*
Sobers
Marshall
Garner
Hall
Clarke

Reserves: Haynes, Daniel, Nurse, Griffith etc

Gayle
Stollmeyer
Headley
Viv*
Lara
Kanhai
Dujon+
Holding
Ambrose
Croft
Walsh

Reserves: Bishop, Gibbs, Chanders, Lloyd etc

Slifer

International Captain
Ok so who in the 2ND team would Lloyd replace?? Purely on batting, Lloyd is inferior to all the batsmen in the 2ND team.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Replace Kanhai with him I guess. Tough though as there are plenty of decent captains in that XI, just none on Clives level