• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
QLD have a bit of decent young talent coming through, yet they persist with mediocre journeymen like Gannon and Floros. Kinda frustrating.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
QLD have a bit of decent young talent coming through, yet they persist with mediocre journeymen like Gannon and Floros. Kinda frustrating.
Cutting must also be trying selectors' patience

Anyway, couple of good judges have told me recently that Xavier Bartlett looks to be the real deal.

Only 18 but 140ks + and not horrible with the bat

stephen

Cutting must also be trying selectors' patience

Anyway, couple of good judges have told me recently that Xavier Bartlett looks to be the real deal.

Only 18 but 140ks + and not horrible with the bat
Cutting has really gone backwards in his bowling since Noffke retired. He really went from a high quality first class bowler to a pie chucker within a couple of years and hasn't shown any sign of improvement.

Swepson has done alright today hasn't he? 1/31 (10) is a very good return.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree, Cutting's bowling has fallen away significantly over the last couple of seasons.

Haven't seen Bartlett before, but if he can already bowl at 140 then he is definitely a name worth remembering.

Gnske

Wildermuth was unironically the fastest bowler in that attack.

Also Bryant and Uppal are meme players.

SeamUp

International Coach
Got to be asked why Bartlett isn't in the squad for the CA XI at least ? Saw he got wickets for his club last weekend on Qld Cricket twitter.

U19 WC coming up looks tasty for you guys. Just need to find a wicket-keeper.

Max Bryant (Qld)
Jack Edwards (Nsw)
Jason Sangha (Nsw)
Max Spoors (WA)
Austin Waugh (Nsw)
Param Uppal (Nsw)
Jonathan Merlo (Vics)
Will Sutherland (Vics)
Lloyd Pope (SA)
Cameron Green (WA)
Xavier Bartlett (Qld)
Zak Evans (Vics)
Ryan Hadley (Nsw)
Mitch Perry(Vics)

U19 stars set sights on World Cup goals | cricket.com.au

Victorious U19s eye 2018 World Cup | cricket.com.au

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sounds like the QLD CAXI game was a good one.

This young Opener Mash is it?from WA looks promising.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Got to be asked why Bartlett isn't in the squad for the CA XI at least ? Saw he got wickets for his club last weekend on Qld Cricket twitter.
QLD probably wanted to retain him as a call-up. Especially since they've released Steketee to the Greg Chappell Invitational.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I am going to piss off so many people when I rock up to umpire a park game and start handing out penalty runs for that. And it will be brilliant.

Starfighter

Perhaps batsmen should be penalised for deceiving the bowler. You know, by pretending to be ready to play the ball and then pulling out at the last moment, or by pretending to be left handed and then playing the ball right handed etc etc blah blah.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** rule but may as well give the umps something to do in between making squares in the air since noone gives any **** out any more.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Perhaps batsmen should be penalised for deceiving the bowler. You know, by pretending to be ready to play the ball and then pulling out at the last moment, or by pretending to be left handed and then playing the ball right handed etc etc blah blah.
Wrong'uns should also be banned.

stephen

I loved to do that. Pull out at the last minute. Fire up the quick bowler. I always play faster bowling better so a fired up fast bowler was generally better for me.

brockley

International Captain
Gee Mickey Edwards looks like James Hetfield with his mo.
Good win by WA great captaincy by Marsh,good bowling by Behrendorf,Tye,Richardson and especially Darcy Short.