• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International cricketers who never played any FC cricket

Bahseph

State Captain
Stumbled upon this bloke: Krishmar Santokie. I was surprised to see that he played international level cricket without ever playing FC cricket. Is he a unique case or can we come up with anyone else?

Bijed

International Regular
He's played FC cricket now, but I think David Warner played a T20I for Australia before he'd played any FC matches

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's played FC cricket now, but I think David Warner played a T20I for Australia before he'd played any FC matches
ODI's, too.

Which is odd given that for a while he was a much better batsman at the longer format (granted recently his ODI form has dramatically improved).

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Basil Grieve, Charles Coventry and Emile McMaster all played in one or both of the Tests England played in South Africa in 1888/89 without playing any First Class cricket before that or subsequently - whether they really ought to have Test status is questionable, but they do and that won't ever change

Firebreaker

Banned
Back in the day when some players used to perform well they would make their debut regardless of FC and domestic cricket

Howe_zat

Audio File
There are a bunch of Ireland players who had only played league cricket before appearing in ODIs for Ireland. Kevin O'Brien, Boyd Rankin, Alex Cusack, George Dockrell, probably a few others

morgieb

Mashafre bin Mortaza's Test debut was also his FC debut.

Think also Kyle Jarvis's ODI debut was his List A one (or something).

TheJediBrah

ODI's, too.

Which is odd given that for a while he was a much better batsman at the longer format (granted recently his ODI form has dramatically improved).
Yeah but they didn't know that at the time . . . given that he'd never played

Camo999

State 12th Man
My fave Michael Leask has played plenty of ODIs and T20Is for Scotland as well as playing for Somerset and Northants but no FC. He's in the squad for the upcoming Intercontinental Cup but as usual will not likely be in the XI. Give him a chance!!

Kirkut

International Regular
Wasim Akram and Shoaib Akhtar! Neither of them played first class cricket when brought into the side. In fact it was Shoaib Akhtar's first ever game with the hard ball on his international debut!

TheJediBrah

I would not have expected you, of all people, to cough up the cash to get past the CricketArchive paywall
I signed up like a month ago and this is the first time I've used it. Probably the last for a while to.

and hey what exactly are you saying