• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzimam-amongst The Current Batsmen

krkode

State Captain
He's great. Pakistan's main man. They need a batsman like him, although I'm not sure if they need a captain like him.

He's a good batsman in his own way, and I think the record speaks for itself. That said, I believe he's more like Hayden than like Tendulkar, Dravid or Lara.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chicane said:
it's Inzamam.. hmmm.. he's never played to his potential...so really can't say.
Hmmm... he still has almost 7000 Test runs, 19 hundreds, an average of just under 50 and a high score of 329. Not too bad.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Did'nt play to his potential yet a match winner for Pakistan on many occasions. Has more half centuries than Sachin and a higher highest score and that speaks for itself. Can bat under pressure. One of the top 3 batters of today.

Sudeep

International Captain
I would rate him in the top 10.

I still think he hasn't lived upto his potential. He could have been in the same class as Sachin or Lara, but as I said never really managed to reach that level.

As a captain, he is very mediocre. But he's the best option Pakistani have right now. And while most of the players suffered injuries (fake or not) Inzy looked the fittest of the bunch during the India series.

chicane

State Captain
Sehwag309 said:
He has become less aggressive

I noticed the same with Saqlain and even Saeed Anwar
whaa?? he was brutal in the odi's smashing those huge sixes. Guess your hunch has something to do with watching Sehwag :p

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Inzamam is a hugely unde player and when people are talking about the Laras the Tendulkars and the Dravids they often forget Inzi even though his statistics are excellent

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
the guy definately has to be amongst the top 10.
i myself think that he has not played upto his potential, but the guy has done heaps for the team.
i mean if ur the second highest in the overall odi runs list then u have to have done something right.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
current top ten in no particular order:

kallis
gibbs
ponting
hayden
inzamam
tendulkar
lara
dravid
fleming
vaughan

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anil said:
current top ten in no particular order:

kallis
gibbs
ponting
hayden
inzamam
tendulkar
lara
dravid
fleming
vaughan

yes .....very close.....probably my top 10 as well.....but i think i would put sehwag in place of gibbs

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
thehellraiser said:
yes .....very close.....probably my top 10 as well.....but i think i would put sehwag in place of gibbs
I rate Inzamman very highly although he did not actually do full justice to the talent that he has. He could have been amongst the top three batsman of the nineties but somehow never reached his potential.

Langeveldt

Soutie
My Current top ten (IN ORDER)

1. Rahul Dravid
2. Ricky Ponting
3. Matthew Hayden
4. Jacques Kallis
5. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Brian Lara
7. Inzamam Ul Haq
8. VVS Laxman
9. Adam Gilchrist
10. Yousuf Youhana

I love Inzamam's simple batting style.. he had the talent to be up with the very best without doubt.. Still his record hardly suggests a failure. he has been outstanding..

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sanz said:
What has Fleming done as a Test batsman to be there in the TOP ten ??

the guy has been a rock for newzealand.
saying that i think that u have a point.....but i might stil put him in there......who would u have in his place?

pakster

U19 12th Man
"1. Rahul Dravid
2. Ricky Ponting
3. Matthew Hayden
4. Jacques Kallis
5. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Brian Lara
7. Inzamam Ul Haq
8. VVS Laxman
9. Adam Gilchrist
10. Yousuf Youhana"

i hardly think that you could brian lara at number 6 especially seeing as though he has just scored the highest ever test score!!
I'd say that lara would probably come in higher than kalis, hayden and ponting.

If i had to re-arrange ur list, it would look like....

1. Dravid
2. Lara
3. Tendulkar
4. Ponting
5. Hayden
6. Inzamam
7. Gilchrist
8. VVS
9. Kalis
10. Youhana (though i dont think yoyo's really worth such a acclaimed position!)

peace :)