• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jimmy Anderson v Jimmy Anderson v Jimmy Anderson

Victor Ian

International Coach
They're opposites in terms of longevity. Also completely opposite sorts of bowler.

Dizzy at his peak v Anderson at his peak would be similar. You'd prefer Anderson when it swings a lot and Dizzy anywhere else.
Isn't this where someone makes a Dizzy Vs Anderson Thread?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're opposites in terms of longevity. Also completely opposite sorts of bowler.

Dizzy at his peak v Anderson at his peak would be similar. You'd prefer Anderson when it swings a lot and Dizzy anywhere else.
I see. So Dizzy was more all rounded while Anderson is a bit of a one trick pony with the odd good performance overseas?

TheJediBrah

I see. So Dizzy was more all rounded while Anderson is a bit of a one trick pony with the odd good performance overseas?
You're trying to get Adders fired up at me aren't you

anyway it depends on how highly you rate certain attributes

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Dizzy versus a couple of the meme quartet might be a perfect one to compare in a few years time. Clear talent and dodgy fitness records and all that.

Think Dizzy is under rated a bit as he was in the same side as McGrath and Warne and wasn't at their level but he was bloody good.

vcs

That's harsh. He just wasn't consistently in peak fitness player. At his best he was always one of the best bowlers in the world, but he missed a lot of cricket and played a fair bit as well when out of sorts.
Yes, that's harsh. He demolished India in India in 2001 and 2004 (arguably was their main guy, better than McGrath when they conquered the "final frontier").

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That series showed just how weak Australia's bowling was outside the big two. McGrath and Warne were Australia's bowling attack and I feel Gillespie was very overrated. Any time Dizzy got an opportunity to lead the attack he went missing.
He led the attack superbly in India in 2004.