• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
This is starting in two weeks.

Gibson starts with the Proteas & a couple of interesting bits from the Bangers camp.

BANGLADESH TOUR ITINERARY 2017-18

September 21-23: Three-day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Sahara Park Willowmoore, Benoni, 10h00
September 28-October 2: 1st Sunfoil Test match, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom, 10h00
October 6-10: 2nd Sunfoil Test match, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, 10h00
October 12: One-day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, 10h00
October 15: 1st Momentum ODI, Diamond Oval, Kimberley, 10h00
October 18: 2nd Momentum ODI, Boland Park, Paarl, 10h00
October 22: 3rd Momentum ODI, Buffalo Park, East London, 10h00
October 26: 1st KFC T20 International, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein, 18h00
October 29: 2nd KFC T20 International, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom, 14h30

Shakib requests six-month break from Tests - ESPNcricinfo

BCB president recommends Anamul for SA Tests - ESPNcricinfo

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointing that Shakib isn't going. Can't see anything other than a complete hammering for Bangladesh. They're already massively dependent on 1-2 players and if one of them isn't even on tour, it's going to embarrassing. Atleast this means they'll have to bat Mominul higher than ****ing no.8.

SeamUp

International Coach
Also, is Steyn going to be back for this?
Not sure. He is supposedly penciled in for the start of the Sunfoil Series for the Titans starting on 19 September.

Also read somewhere that AB is targeting his come back vs India.

Gibson wants the Proteas to play the first round of fixtures but can't see it because the majority are at the Titans and the restrictions won't allow it.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Gutted that Shakib not going for tests but then again he barely gets any break. He will be available for one dayers/t20s in SA though.

High time we give Abu Hider a chance in SA. No Kamrul/Rubel/Shafiul pls. Fizz/Taskin/A Hider and Miraz. Roy might be useful too.

cnerd123

likes this
Going to miss Shakib the batsman more than Shakib the bowler.

Really hope these young batsmen stand up and put in some strong performances.

Bahseph

State Captain
I was looking forward to seeing Shakib, so that's disappointing. As ***** mentioned, his batting would have been massive on this tour.

Daemon

Sucks that Shakib's missing out, but really, they were going to get their asses kicked anyways, he may as well take a break and watch the carnage unfold.

SeamUp

International Coach
The pitch at Potch was slow and turning 2 weeks ago. Groundsman would have had a month to get it to its normal road status with true bounce and decent pace. I reckon that will be tough to do.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Mosaddek will be another victim of the current regime just like Anamul, Mominul, Nurul, Nasir etc. Anamul got injured in 2015 WC then got dropped entirely from the scene despite having good numbers. He had issues with footwork granted but kicked out from everywhere and not given another chance. Mominul got kicked out at first chance then treated unfairly. Nurul was never given a proper chance and dropped for Liton who was also dropped from tests despite showing decent performance there. Nasir after owning domestic games forced his way then got dropped again now. There is unnecessary cloud over the extent of Mosaddek's injury and BCB yet to clarify that why he was picked for Australia series and dropped next day after immense pressure from media and mass to include Mominul. I am not for changing and chopping but some players are getting continuous chances after failure after failure whereas some getting the boot quickly.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Uh, so this test series is going to beat the recent Ind-SL series to become the most one-sided in years

SeamUp

International Coach
SA Inv XI for the 3-day game to be lead by Aiden Markram. Basically the experience is from the Titans players (Markram, Klaasen & von Berg) with some of the SA Academy players from the winter.

Aiden MARKRAM (c) - Titans
Yaseen VALLI - Lions
Isaac DIKGALE - North West
Zubayr HAMZA - Cobras
Mathew CHRISTENSEN - Eastern Province

Heinrich KLAASSEN (wk) - Titans

Shaun VON BERG - Titans

Migael PRETORIUS - Northerns
Lwandiswa ZUMA - Dolphins
Okuhle CELE - KZN
Michael COHEN - Western Province
Tladi BOKAKO - Warriors

Coach : Russell Domingo
Assistant : Richard das Neves

SillyCowCorner1

Someone needs to step up and take Shakib's place for good. Shakib is giving them the opportunity to do so, but the ****s are too **** to even make it worthwhile.

Burner

International Regular
The Shakib decision is a bit silly when he's complained about how if he were English he would have played 100 tests by now. I guess eating a 100 brownies at once does seem tasty when you are just imagining it.

SillyCowCorner1

The Shakib decision is a bit silly when he's complained about how if he were English he would have played 100 tests by now. I guess eating a 100 brownies at once does seem tasty when you are just imagining it.
I think it was Mushfiqur who said that.

Correct me if I am wrong./

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be interesting to see how Taskin and Mustafizur go on wickets that might help them - fact that Rubel is in the squad shows the Banglas still have a long way to go though