• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Shakib decision is a bit silly when he's complained about how if he were English he would have played 100 tests by now. I guess eating a 100 brownies at once does seem tasty when you are just imagining it.
perfect analogy

SA Inv XI for the 3-day game to be lead by Aiden Markram. Basically the experience is from the Titans players (Markram, Klaasen & von Berg) with some of the SA Academy players from the winter.

Aiden MARKRAM (c) - Titans
Yaseen VALLI - Lions
Isaac DIKGALE - North West
Zubayr HAMZA - Cobras
Mathew CHRISTENSEN - Eastern Province

Heinrich KLAASSEN (wk) - Titans

Shaun VON BERG - Titans

Migael PRETORIUS - Northerns
Lwandiswa ZUMA - Dolphins
Okuhle CELE - KZN
Michael COHEN - Western Province
Tladi BOKAKO - Warriors

Coach : Russell Domingo
Assistant : Richard das Neves
Very diverse sounding list. Good to see.

Australian equivalent would be 4 Smiths, 3 Jones and 2 Thompsons

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait, they've picked Rubel, a guy who's played 24 tests and has an average worse than Ian Salisbury? Very hard to believe they've no one better.

They should have picked Kamrul who'll at least provide some much needed stonewalling value to the team.

SeamUp

International Coach
SA Inv XI for the 3-day game to be lead by Aiden Markram. Basically the experience is from the Titans players (Markram, Klaasen & von Berg) with some of the SA Academy players from the winter.

Aiden MARKRAM (c) - Titans
Yaseen VALLI - Lions
Isaac DIKGALE - North West
Zubayr HAMZA - Cobras
Mathew CHRISTENSEN - Eastern Province

Heinrich KLAASSEN (wk) - Titans

Shaun VON BERG - Titans

Migael PRETORIUS - Northerns
Lwandiswa ZUMA - Dolphins
Okuhle CELE - KZN
Michael COHEN - Western Province
Tladi BOKAKO - Warriors

Coach : Russell Domingo
Assistant : Richard das Neves
SA u19 batsman Breetzke replaces injured fast bowler Zuma.

Was looking forward to seeing him play for the Warriors in first round but its a nice opportunity.

SeamUp

International Coach
Wait, they've picked Rubel, a guy who's played 24 tests and has an average worse than Ian Salisbury? Very hard to believe they've no one better.

They should have picked Kamrul who'll at least provide some much needed stonewalling value to the team.
These are the selections that really frustrate me.

Either everything else in domestic is dog turd or selectors are too scared to give a player an opportunity rather someone given countless chances and failed. Someone new won't hurt anymore if he fails.

Heboric

International Debutant
With no disrespect to Bangladesh, South Africa will have to win convincingly to get back on track after the poor tour to England

SA u19 batsman Breetzke replaces injured fast bowler Zuma.

Was looking forward to seeing him play for the Warriors in first round but its a nice opportunity.
Man poor guy to have that surname nowadays

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
With no disrespect to Bangladesh, South Africa will have to thrash them to get back on track after the poor tour to England

Man poor guy to have that surname nowadays
Yeah. Only good test series vs India/Aus can make up for that. I would say outside a couple vs Australia and the recent away loss to India that was our worst test series since re-admission.

But Gibson will like to start convincingly. No AB so who plays ?

Eish, got to be uncomfortable in cerain situations.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
These are the selections that really frustrate me.

Either everything else in domestic is dog turd or selectors are too scared to give a player an opportunity rather someone given countless chances and failed. Someone new won't hurt anymore if he fails.
There are others but not sure why selectors are stuck with Rubel/ Shafiul. Shafiul is in the team because of Walsh maybe who is his favorite (laughable). I have mentioned earlier about Abu Hider who can swing both ways. Ebadat is another one who is the fastest among the bunch but lacks accuracy a bit. Abu Jayed is another one. Each of these guys definitely deserves a spot ahead of rubel/shafiul

Marius

International Debutant
My brother and I are thinking of going through to Potch for the third day of the Test match. Anyone watched a game there, is it a cool ground?

And will Bangladesh last three days in SA?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
My brother and I are thinking of going through to Potch for the third day of the Test match. Anyone watched a game there, is it a cool ground?

And will Bangladesh last three days in SA?
The more important question is will the SA batsmen last 3 days in Potch against the Bang spinners....

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The more important question is will the SA batsmen last 3 days in Potch against the Bang spinners....
We are loaded with pacers. Miraz is the lone spinner in the squad. No Shakib or Taijul. I guess they have no idea about the conditions in Potch. Only spinning options are Miraz and Mahmudullah

SeamUp

International Coach
Has to be Olivier.

Current injuries is a joke : Philander, Steyn, Morris, Ngidi, Dala, Dupavillon, Zuma all in the current Proteas set-up or who potentially have Protea futures. Can't look at Abbott, de Lange & Viljoen.

Currently playing :

Cobras : Paterson, Williams, Moreki
Warriors : Birch, Magala, Nortje, Sipamla
Dolphins : Shezi, Engelbrecht, Frylinck, Phehlukwayo
Knights : Olivier, Budaza, van Schalkwyk
Lions : Rabada, B.Hendricks, Alexander, Pretorius
Titans : M.Morkel, Richards, Siboto, Mothoa
SA Inv : M.Pretorius, Bokako, Cohen, Cele

Missing out on XI's or squads:
Gqamane, Savage, E.Bosch, Dudgeon, Baartman, Dry, C.Le Roux, N.Burger, Hawken, C.Bosch

Last edited:

Dendarii

International Debutant
Olivier is uninjured as far as I`m aware... he should be first choice. But I can see them going Pretorious in Potch and playing 2 spinners? Otherwise Olivier.
With Philander out then they could go for Pretorius because of his batting as bringing in Olivier creates a longer tail.