• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the best Associate nation now?

Firebreaker

Banned
Which is the best Associate nation now after Afghanistan and Ireland have been elevated to Full Members status.

In my opinion it is Netherlands and they also have some good scouts in Africa and poaching young talented Zimbabwean players like Snater and I heard Colin Ackermann from SA might play for them in future as well.I think they will be 13th ODI team in the planned 13 team league

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hmm, Netherlands are an okay shout but they've not really got any better than they were 5-6 years ago.

Scotland are a decent side, only associate other than Afghanistan to beat a full member team recently. I think it's either them or UAE, who held up pretty well in the Asia cup.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
add Kenya, Scotland, UAE and Netherlands to t20 WC plans

With a 16 team WC you could have 2 huge groups of 8 it'd be cool

top 4 advancing to quarter finals. for once the 'quarter final' stage of a world cup wouldn't feel like a total farce. it's so dumb that over half the cup always make it to the quarters. In 1996 two thirds of the teams made it to the knock out stage

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Guess Namibia could come into conversation. First non-South African team to get to finals weekend of Africa Cup and this is the 3rd addition.

Watched a little bit of Kenya this weekend. The captain Patel batted well but they had a very talented young leg-spinner who would get lots of wickets against fellow Associate teams.