• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League V

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, it will be a 50-over tournament. In groups of two, everybody playing each other round robin. Top two teams from each group gets to the semis...

Or is there a super six or eight to follow with preferred formats between 1986-2009?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if we'll have two groups, or one giant group, but I can confirm that the "super" stage will not be making an appearance this time 'round. Most likely it will be a straight up finals series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Indian Honest Forgotten Hunks

Ravi Shastri (c)
Ravi Ashwin
Piyush Chawla
Yusuf Pathan
Hemang Badani
Ashish Nehra
Sridharan Sriram
Mohinder Amarnath (vc)
Dilip Vengsarkar
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Sanjay Bangar
Mohammed Kaif
S Sreesanth
Praveen Kumar

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian Honest Forgotten Hunks

Ravi Shastri (c)
Ravi Ashwin
Piyush Chawla
Yusuf Pathan
Hemang Badani
Ashish Nehra
Sridharan Sriram
Mohinder Amarnath (vc)
Dilip Vengsarkar
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Sanjay Bangar
Mohammed Kaif
S Sreesanth
Praveen Kumar
Good looking squad HB, but Ashwin debuted in 2010 & is therefore unavailable.

Howe_zat

Audio File
England

Andrew Strauss
Nick Knight
Robin Smith
Jonathan Trott
Ian Bell
Graeme Thorpe
Paul Nixon
Tim Bresnan
Craig White
John Emburey
Steve Harmison
Andy Caddick
Angus Fraser
Alan Mullally

Congratulations to jimmy for engineering an all-time league in which Tim gets picked on merit

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ravi Shastri
Dinesh Mongia
Piyush Chawla
Yusuf Pathan
Hemang Badani
Ashish Nehra
Sridharan Sriram
Mohinder Amarnath
Dilip Vengsarkar
Dinesh Karthik
Sanjay Bangar
Mohammed Kaif
S Sreesanth
Praveen Kumar

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel, you can pick your Europe squad now. Remember, you can pick from any leftover England players, plus players from Ireland, Netherlands & Scotland that played ODI cricket from 1986 - 2009.

As well as this, you can select two players from England's "blacklist". Also, if you want him, I'll allow you to choose Eoin Morgan, free of charge, as he first represented Ireland in ODIs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would you have let me pick Boyd Rankin btw? He's played for England and debuted before 2009, though not at the same time.

In the end I thought it would be against the spirit, though I think Vimes may end up with a statistically better side than me

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ohhh man, the India-Pakistan match is looking like it'll be fun.

The names of the player from the two squads. Take a look...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you have let me pick Boyd Rankin btw? He's played for England and debuted before 2009, though not at the same time.

In the end I thought it would be against the spirit, though I think Vimes may end up with a statistically better side than me
Nah, Rankin debuted for England in 2013, so technically speaking he's only eligible for Ireland/Europe.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe the combined squads should just get one player from the blacklist, if people are thinking they'll be too OP.