• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The unapologetic Lyon Bandwagon Thread - Not for TJB

Bijed

International Regular
I've been quiet about my love for him on here, but Lyon captured my heart in the 2013 Ashes as it's stayed with him ever since :wub:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure I was anti Swann and anti Lyon before tjb. Burgey made me realise it was just a general hatred for finger spin.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lyon was superb in that Pune test IMO. Not far behind O'Keefe if at all, but SOK just happened to get all the poles.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got down voted on reddit for suggesting that India would pick Lyon on away (non-Asian) tours if he was available. I think Ashwin and Jadeja are better in the subcontinent but right now I think Lyon is the best spinner in the world for non-subcontinent pitches.

TheJediBrah

I got down voted on reddit for suggesting that India would pick Lyon on away (non-Asian) tours if he was available. I think Ashwin and Jadeja are better in the subcontinent but right now I think Lyon is the best spinner in the world for non-subcontinent pitches.
Well yeah it's a no-brainer that Lyon is orders of magnitude better than Ashwin/Jadeja on non-Asian pitches. It's also a no-brainer that you're not going to get a sensible response out of random people on the internet, most of whom are probably mad Indian cricket fans.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well yeah it's a no-brainer that Lyon is orders of magnitude better than Ashwin/Jadeja on non-Asian pitches. It's also a no-brainer that you're not going to get a sensible response out of random people on the internet, most of whom are probably mad Indian cricket fans.

How do their records compare in the Windies again, btw?

TheJediBrah

How do their records compare in the Windies again, btw?
Don't know but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Last 5-10 years Windies pitches have been very subcontinent-esque.

If it makes you feel better we can change it to "pick Lyon ahead of Ashwin & Jadeja for matches outside Asia & WI"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't know but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Last 5-10 years Windies pitches have been very subcontinent-esque.

If it makes you feel better we can change it to "pick Lyon ahead of Ashwin & Jadeja for matches outside Asia & WI"

Yeah... honest posting does make me feel better.

vcs

I'm hoping Ashwin does well in RSA next year. The pitches there generally tend to have something for spinners, just hope we can hang in matches long enough to bring him into the game.