• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

Bijed

International Regular
Won't be long before some Afghan takes all his records
Just ftr, my post you quoted there was actually incorrect and Smith is actually the 2nd batsman to do that, after Matthew Hayden.

He's also joined Ponting as the only batsman to score 6 centuries in a calendar year more than once

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Just ftr, my post you quoted there was actually incorrect and Smith is actually the 2nd batsman to do that, after Matthew Hayden.

He's also joined Ponting as the only batsman to score 6 centuries in a calendar year more than once
He is the first batsman to score 1000 runs in 4 consecutive years averaging 70+ each year iirc.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for the double post not really a milestone but an interesting tidbit, Smith currently scores centuries at the third highest rate in history behind Bradman and Headley.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
In case anybody didn't realise Smith equalled Sobers as 2nd fastest to 6000 runs. He has 19 innings to beat Hammond to 7000.

Bijed

International Regular
Whilst he only score 10, Cook's most recent innings took him past 12,000 test runs.

Playing this test also made him the 2nd person to play 150 consecutive tests, after Border. If Cook plays in England's next 4 tests, he'll have the record for most played consecutively.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In how many innings in ODI cricket has the top scorer been the #11 like it was in NZ vs Pak?

SeamUp

International Coach
Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
In the same SL innings, each batsman from #2 to #9 scored more than the next; I wonder if that's a record?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Speaking of that test, Mominul Haque became the first Bangers player to score a century in each innings.

Bijed

International Regular
Guptill now with the most T20I runs

And now Australia with a record chase in all T20, I believe, not just internationals.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Missed it earlier, but he also went beyond Sanath and now has the second highest number of runs batting second, only Tendulkar is ahead.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Herath passed 1000 first class wickets sometime last year. I think it's pretty likely that he'll be the last ever to do so.

SeamUp

International Coach
2nd highest individual score in the 4th innings in SA since re-admission by Markram

ATHERTON 185* vs SA 1995
MARKRAM 143 vs AUS 2018
DU PLESSIS 134 vs IND 2013
CULLINAN 122* vs IND 1997