• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Under Kohli, Indian pacers have earned 420 wickets at 26.79 and spinners 472 wickets at 25.02. Already an ATVG attack. Probably a bit more than that.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I imagine Australia, SA and England would also have similar averages over the last few years because Test matches have generally been low scoring this decade. The difference probably lies in the fact that India have an even pace vs. spin distribution and their batsmen score plenty of runs at home while the bowlers still strike at about the same rate. England/SA would probably struggle in that department.

Slifer

International Captain
Under Kohli, Indian pacers have earned 420 wickets at 26.79 and spinners 472 wickets at 25.02. Already an ATVG attack. Probably a bit more than that.
Impressive but I will assume that unlike the pacers, the spinners home and away performances will be more skewed to home and subcontinent conditions.

Sportsgeek

Cricket Spectator
Deepak Chahar picked up a hat-trick en route his figures of 6/7 in the 3rd T20I vs Bangladesh to claim a couple of highly acclaimed records in the history of the sport

Deepak Chahar picked 6-wicket haul as India beat Bangladesh in Nagpur T20I
Chahar's 6 for 7 are the best bowling figures in T20I cricket
Chahar beat previous record held by Sri Lanka's Ajantha Mendis

https://www.sportzcraazy.com/deepak-chahar-grabs-second-hattrick-in-less-than-72-hours/

h_hurricane

Impressive but I will assume that unlike the pacers, the spinners home and away performances will be more skewed to home and subcontinent conditions.
For sure,even without looking into the stats. However, what this team has done is that 4 of them (Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja and Ashwin) along with Kapil could be part of an ATG Indian team and makes our bowling unit not so much of a laughing stock compared to other teams as it was a few years back.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Just read that Steve Smith is the only player in history (min 20 tests) to never go more than 2 Tests without a 50.

Note: Bradman went 3 tests without a 50 in 1934 but then followed up with 304 and 244 in next two innings

Last edited:

AndrewB

That should be "min 30 tests", as Geoff Pullar (28), Bob Catterall (24) and Bill Brown (22) also never went more than 2 Tests without a 50.

Smith also has the record for "longest start to a career without going 3 Tests without a 50" (previously 44 by Herbert Sutcliffe), and indeed the joint record for "longest spell during a career without going 3 Tests without a 50" (Joe Root also had such a run of 68 Tests).

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Indian pacers strike rate of 31 in 2019 is apparently all time record. The average of 15 is all time 2nd best.

Surreal. Unreal.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
India won 4th consecutive test by an innings which is a world record.
This is the best record of all records, at least for me. Not even the earlier great Aussie and Windies teams could do it. Even the 3 wins before that were by more than 200 runs.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the best record of all records, at least for me. Not even the earlier great Aussie and Windies teams could do it. Even the 3 wins before that were by more than 200 runs.
Mate this Bangladesh team is pretty goddamn rubbish though

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah sometimes I will. Bangas minus Shakib and Tamim aren't a shield standard team let alone a test one

Slifer

International Captain
With all due respect to this Indian team, they are far from ready to be mentioned in the same breath as the great Oz and WI teams