• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Only 4 cricketers in history have a bowling average of less than 25 and batting average of greater than 30 (minimum 1500 runs and 150 wickets). Imran, Miller, Pollock and Jadeja.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they did, but this doesn't really mean that
If this is the lowest total since 1948 then any match played in the last 71 years would've recorded a higher score. Laker's match was during this period. **** me, how do you have a uni degree? And here I am stressing over my future.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If this is the lowest total since 1948 then any match played in the last 71 years would've recorded a higher score. Laker's match was during this period. **** me, how do you have a uni degree? And here I am stressing over my future.
It wasn’t. Forgotten the 60 all out already. It was England’s lowest score.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know English might not be your first language, but there's a really crucial bit of grammar you're missing.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ffs Trundler. This is England's lowest score since 1948. Laker was bowling against Australia.

when did you turn into such a **** btw?

edit: oh and I have 2 uni degrees

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Only 4 cricketers in history have a bowling average of less than 25 and batting average of greater than 30 (minimum 1500 runs and 150 wickets). Imran, Miller, Pollock and Jadeja.
Those all-rounder stats always make for some curious reading if you don't select thresholds that are equally stiff for batting and bowling. Like Kapil Dev was the only player to take 400 wickets and score 4000 runs at some point (still is?). Each wicket is worth roughly 20-25 runs. So if 400 wickets is the cut-off for bowling, 8000 runs should be cut-off for batting; no player hit both.

For averages if <25 is the cut-off for bowling, >50 should be the cut-off for batting; no player hit both.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Those all-rounder stats always make for some curious reading if you don't select thresholds that are equally stiff for batting and bowling. Like Kapil Dev was the only player to take 400 wickets and score 4000 runs at some point (still is?). Each wicket is worth roughly 20-25 runs. So if 400 wickets is the cut-off for bowling, 8000 runs should be cut-off for batting; no player hit both.

For averages if <25 is the cut-off for bowling, >50 should be the cut-off for batting; no player hit both.
I selected batting average of 30 because I felt that is the point a bowling allrounder really crosses great utility mark. On the converse, an ATG batsman who averages 40 with the ball wouldn't add as much in his secondary discipline as he is an opportunity cost for superior bowlers.

If we choose to select similar quality in both disciplines over a period of time, (bowling avg of under 30 and batting avg of over 40), it will be interesting to see who qualifies. Probably none.