This is my first post here. I am from Colombo.
Who do you think will win the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 ?
The pools are:
Pool 1: Australia, New Zealand, USA
Pool 2: South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh
Pool 3: Pakistan, India, Kenya
Pool 4: Sri Lanka, England, Zimbabwe
My analysis of the team's chances are as follows:
1) Australia -- Red hot favourites to win. They are a superbly balanced side; it will take something special to beat them
2) RSA and India -- Both strong sides and are in with a chance.
3) England and NZl are the dark horses; Improving England have home advantage and should win their pool but beyond that they will have to play very well; Kiwis are always a dangerous outfit and if they can upset Australia in the pool stage, their confidence will rocket skywards.
4) Pakistan and WI are in a bad shape at the moment but both are highly unpredictable.
5) I don't give my side SL much hope; We'll have to play out of our skins to get past the pool stage even where England is in the way. A lot I feel hinges on Jaya's form.