• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official County Championship thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.hinton

International Captain
This will be the Official CC thread.....i surprised that there is not one considering the season is 10 days old now..........

Worcester are doing well against kent after bowling Kent out for 289 with Future England Player Mailk getting another 5 for we start really well on 18/0 hopefully Moore can score some runs

I reckon it will be a Draw as Rain Halted the first days Play but it will be a great Result for Worcestershire as they are missing Batty, Kabir Ali, Kadeer Ali, Hall, Leatherdale and we have a small squad.

I know it late but here are my five young stars to what out for?

1) Nadeem Malik (Worcestershire)
2) Steven Davies ( Worcestershire)
3) Alex Gidman (Glouestershire)
4) Michael Carberry (Kent)
5) Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire)

Frizzell County Championship Division One

Worcestershire 401 & 24/0 (7.4 ov) v Kent 289

Worcestershire lead by 136 runs with 10 wickets remaining
SD Peters 14* SC Moore 7* A Khan 0/17 MJ Saggers 0/6

Surrey 418 v Middlesex 300/8 (76.2 ov)

Middlesex trail by 118 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
SJ Cook 15* CB Keegan 0* Saqlain Mushtaq 1/52 IDK Salisbury 2/30
Last wicket: 297/8 EC Joyce b Salisbury 45

Sussex 195 & 163/9 (52.4 ov) v Lancashire 335

Sussex lead by 23 runs with 1 wicket remaining
KJ Innes 3* M Akram 1* DG Cork 4/58 G Chapple 1/37
Last wicket: 162/9 JD Lewry b Cork 0

Frizzell County Championship Division Two

Essex 262 v Yorkshire 331/5 (87.2 ov)

Yorkshire lead by 69 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
IJ Harvey 73* JD Middlebrook 1/39 JP Stephenson 1/48
Last wicket: 331/5 MJ Lumb c & b Middlebrook 76

Somerset 388 v Derbyshire 84/1 (29.4 ov)

Derbyshire trail by 304 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
SA Selwood 34* AW Laraman 1/15 NAM McLean 0/25
Last wicket: 84/1 AI Gait lbw b Laraman 43

Durham 350 v Nottinghamshire 312/4 (87.5 ov)

Nottinghamshire trail by 38 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
KP Pietersen 33* DJ Hussey 17* GM Hamilton 0/62 GD Bridge 1/38
Last wicket: 276/4 RJ Warren c Plunkett b Bridge 120

Glamorgan 455/7d v Leicestershire 221/6 (53.1 ov)

Leicestershire trail by 234 runs with 4 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
BJ Hodge 105* JM Dakin 8* RDB Croft 1/28 SD Thomas 2/45
Last wicket: 199/6 PAJ DeFreitas c Elliott b Thomas 20

University Centres of Cricketing Excellence

Loughborough UCCE 202 v Gloucestershire 65/1 (10 ov)

Gloucestershire trail by 137 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
WPC Weston 15* THC Hancock 5* PD Lewis 1/28 DH Wigley 0/33
Last wicket: 46/1 CM Spearman c Harrison b Lewis 38

Warwickshire 361/6d & 161/2d v Cambridge UCCE 131 & 76/4 (50.1 ov)

Cambridge UCCE require another 316 runs with 6 wickets remaining
T Webley 25* SJ Marshall 0* GB Hogg 2/6 MA Wagh 0/19
Last wicket: 69/4 CJC Wright c & b Hogg 5

Durham UCCE 229/8d v Northamptonshire 125/5 (41.3 ov)

Northamptonshire trail by 104 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
GP Swann 15* TMB Bailey 3* DO Brown 2/38 JE Bishop 2/48
Last wicket: 112/5 MJ Powell c Howells b Brown 49

I see that Cambridge are fighting for there lifes 76 off 50 overs

What do you all think will happen this year

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
While Malik has pace he's WAY too unaccurate to even be considered close to getting into the england squad ever ;) He was released by Notts for a reason. Hopefully tho Moody (who i think will be next England Coach) can sort him out :laugh:
We did well so far vs Kent considering we were in trouble at 200-5 but managed to make 400+ and then got Kent from 170 odd for 2 to get them out for 280 ish is good bowling. Long may it last :cool:

Ive noticed that alot of Potential English batsmen of the future have started the season off fairly well (Jefferson / Peng / Bell) Lets hope they can bring it on over the coming season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
This will be the Official CC thread.....i surprised that there is not one considering the season is 10 days old now..........

Someone tried starting one and it was closed as un-necessary. We alrady have a thread for this.

a massive zebra

International Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
While Malik has pace he's WAY too unaccurate to even be considered close to getting into the england squad ever ;)
You don't need to be accurate to get into the England squad. Take a look at Simon Jones or until recently Steve Harmison.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
a massive zebra said:
You don't need to be accurate to get into the England squad. Take a look at Simon Jones or until recently Steve Harmison.
Well Harmison got in more on the fact of his height / bounce he got.
Jones was hyped to be faster than he was (alot of people who supposedly played against him rated him as fast as Brett Lee which was just rubbish :)).

Anyway only those who goto the Acadamy and get the official seal of approval from Marsh / Cooley will get anywhere close to the England squad (and perhaps rightly so). So expect Anderson / Mahmood to be next in line. Possibly if Malik toured this winter with the Acadamy and did well he might have a chance for the Ashes 2005 but dont bank on it :)

Swervy

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
You live in Yorkshire but support Lancashire? Traitor!

yeah i live in Yorkshire, but grew up in Australia and then Lancashire (Blackpool and then uni in Preston)...its the Red Rose for me

Langeveldt

Soutie
chris.hinton said:
Worcester are doing well against kent after bowling Kent out for 289 with Future England Player Mailk getting another 5 for we start really well on 18/0 hopefully Moore can score some runs

Lets hope "future england player Malik" is a bit better than "future england player Kadder Ali" :laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
My five to watch this season
1) Ian Bell
2) Simon Crook
3) Ian Blackwell
4) Muhammed Ali
5) Matt Wood (somerset)

As for my unfortunate county, Somerset.. Lets have a little look at how our lovely chairman views the season coming... Have a look at my sig in the post above and ask yourself if you would stand that attitude at your county... Er.... go Highveld Lions!

Status
Not open for further replies.