• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World XI in Pakistan

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic. Hopefully more tours are to follow. I think I read either WI or Bangladesh might be the first countries to visit.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They seem to be taking a leaf from the Barbarians rugby club if they are bringing in 40-year old ex international captains on a jolly. Next player to be announced will be Victor Matfield

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll be so good if touring comes back to Pakistan. Hope this goes really well.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Squad supposedly includes Hashim Amla, Jimmy Neesham, George Bailey and Faf du Plessis as captain.

Andy Flower confirmed as coach which suggests there is heavy ECB involvement.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Squad Announced
Faf du Plessis (c),
Amla
Miller
Morkel
Badree
Bailey
Cutting
Elliot
Tamim
Paine
Perera
Sammy
Tahir
Collingwood

Very strong squad with most of them big names hope things go smoothly Lahore has been pretty patchy with Security over last 6 months.

Xuhaib

International Coach
looking at the side I think there will be good competitive cricket something Pakistan needs after a long lay off and before start of UAE home season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously one can only wish them well, but you wouldn't catch me going, and I wouldn't want England to go there.
Not that Broad would go near the place after the way his dad was treated after the Lahore attack.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
what happened with his dad?
He was in the bus that was attacked and had the temerity to suggest that security wasn't all that it might have been. Consequently the chairman of the Pakistan cricket board suggested he should be suspended for his comments. Predictably, Javed Miandad echoed those views.

Firebreaker

Banned
He was in the bus that was attacked and had the temerity to suggest that security wasn't all that it might have been. Consequently the chairman of the Pakistan cricket board suggested he should be suspended for his comments. Predictably, Javed Miandad echoed those views.
Miandad and some old pakistani players are dumbhead idiots.SL team attackesque is unlikely to happen because there's heavy security now during matches like these like in PSL final there were 10000 police officers with three layers of security checks outside the stadium longing 3km and the whole city is in lockdown when the teams bus are travelling which are bullet proof as well

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Cash grabbing Colly? At least it doesn't interfere with the final few championship matches.