• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Caribbean Premier League 2017

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Must've been a pretty astounding average speed from off the blade to hitting the inner ring there....

Try not to kill anybody as you get further out of your teens and hit maximum power.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I met a young WI guy the other day (26) who is incredibly knowledgeable about cricket and follows WI players religiously, but only in T20s, incl. CPL. He had no interest in tests and sees no future for them given state of CWI. Quite enlightening and makes me realise what bubbles we live in if from Aus, Eng and India.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Frylinck has been pretty impressive - unlucky not to have had any opportunities for SA?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I met a young WI guy the other day (26) who is incredibly knowledgeable about cricket and follows WI players religiously, but only in T20s, incl. CPL. He had no interest in tests and sees no future for them given state of CWI. Quite enlightening and makes me realise what bubbles we live in if from Aus, Eng and India.
That's hardly surprising. The test team has been rolled over and rooted for almost a generation. If they start winning again, the interest will come back.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Because of the test tour in England I haven't been paying this years CPL tournament too much attention unless I know a young cricketer I've got an eye on is playing. Last night was truly eye-opening as I saw Oshane Thomas bowl for the first time.

I had come across him before the last Under 19 WC. It was said he was a yard quicker than Alzarri Joseph but without the control so he didn't make the final 15. Last night he was bowling 150kph outswingers with a lovely clean action. He's tall as well so gets good bounce. He got Gayle out lbw with an inswinger 3rd ball after troubling him with the short ball. What an unbelievable prospect! Get that man into FC cricket ASAP.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had to go find footage of this guy. Technically I can see where he'd struggle - he drops his front arm a bit early and lets his right shoulder do the work, but he looks immensely strong and already has loads of pace.

Speaking of guys who started off quick, how's Ronsford Beaton going currently?

There's some novelty in seeing Mohammad Sami bowl these days.