• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which of these 90s English no rounders was your favourite?

Best of the worst?

• Total voters

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, White was probably the best all-round package among that lot. Strangly he struggled to get a game for a while in the late 90's. There's England's selection policies for ya.

cnerd123

likes this
Ealham was always great for me on various cricket games - EA, ICC, some other online sims and stuff.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, White was probably the best all-round package among that lot. Strangly he struggled to get a game for a while in the late 90's. There's England's selection policies for ya.
Probably because he grew up in Australia

(I may have made that up but I think he lived there for a while at least)

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
In the 1997 Ashes, Ealham didn't really look up to standard as a batsman but he was pretty handy as a bowler (and his Test bowling record is good). I remember Mark Waugh in a book (not one to dish out praise) saying he thought Ealham's bowling was underrated and he was underbowled that series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mark Alleyne was a personal favourite of mine because of this fielding effort...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably because he grew up in Australia

(I may have made that up but I think he lived there for a while at least)
That's true actually. Whitey was born in Pommie land, grew up down here & then on his return to England became Yorkshire's first ever overseas player!

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
In the 1997 Ashes, Ealham didn't really look up to standard as a batsman but he was pretty handy as a bowler (and his Test bowling record is good). I remember Mark Waugh in a book (not one to dish out praise) saying he thought Ealham's bowling was underrated and he was underbowled that series.
Oh yes, Ealham killed it in 1997. Swung the ball a country mile. Shame he couldn't keep up such an impressive standard for the rest of his career.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A painful time for sure - being a great fan of the underdog I liked them all, but my personal favourite was yet another one - Mike 'Winker' Watkinson

ImpatientLime

International Regular
no rounder seriously harsh on craig white, ashley giles and dominic cork who all had more than their fair share of days in the sun.

as mentioned some good choices missed off this list far more fitting. irani, alleyne, matthew fleming (wow he was ****), watkinson.

with the exception of his debut, ben hollioake never looked cut out for international cricket. he was even massively underwhelming at county level.