• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's got that sort of fetid water encroaching on the ground feel to it. Am expecting a Dean Jones double here.

TheJediBrah

It does look pretty ****ed up for a genuine cricket ground, let alone one that was supposed to host an international team. In my whole life from under-10s cricket to park winter cricket, every form of cricket imaginable I've never seen anything even a tenth of that bad.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think any tour really has proper warm-ups any more save for the Ashes (both ways). Remember the debacle that was NZ's preparation for their last tour to Aus?
Erm, the WI tour of England had 3 warm up games, they proved invaluable...

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think any tour really has proper warm-ups any more save for the Ashes (both ways). Remember the debacle that was NZ's preparation for their last tour to Aus?
Would have been apt preparation if they just bowled at Finch's offstump.

Top_Cat

On ability, you've got to think Bangladesh are capable of springing a surprise in at least one of the Tests but damn if their selection politics don't make that harder than it should be.

Teuton

International Captain
So what time of year do Bangladesh play their domestic season?
Looking at the climate chart that says August is one of the wettest months makes me think that surely there is a better month to host cricket.
I realise that the international calendar is full but there must be a reasonable alternative to August.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The Australians have been training sans-front pad, apparently in order to make sure they're using their bats (such that they don't get trapped LBW by Mehedi).

I for one look forward to everyone playing with hard hands well in front of their pads, and nicking off to regulation deliveries from Shakib and Taijul all series.

Gnske

Just the lesson Usman needed.

I'm surprised they were drilling it into Renshaw, his spin game was sufficient enough already without the coaching trying to mess it up.

Daemon

The Australians have been training sans-front pad, apparently in order to make sure they're using their bats (such that they don't get trapped LBW by Mehedi).

I for one look forward to everyone playing with hard hands well in front of their pads, and nicking off to regulation deliveries from Shakib and Taijul all series.
That's the Dravid training technique isn't it.

Gnske

A strategy I can get behind.

Hell Renshaw said he'd be looking to slog sweep in India and I think he ended up playing a grand total of two across the series. Should make up for his lies tbh.