• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

Howe_zat

Audio File
This could be a genuinely fascinating game, rather would have had us put up a proper score but that wicket at the end makes me think we'll be alright

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Am I the only one who wants WI to pull off a shock win? It would make the third test worth watching.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So pleased to see Roach and Gabriel in full flow today. Roach has really been reborn in this series and like I said before, when on form he's a world class bowler so this can only bode well moving forward. I just hope young Joseph can learn from these two. As for Gabriel, he had an injury before coming into this series and in the warm-up game he played in before the first test he bowled an incredible 20 odd no-balls, so something wasn't right. He's back now though and apparently he's averaging 23 over the last year or so in test cricket so he's certainly moving in the right direction. What's evident though is our bowling unit is way more experienced than our batting unit, so it's little wonder why the bowlers have managed to brush off the last test and get back in the game.

Any sort of lead in the first innings would obviously be brilliant. But personally I'm just hoping we get past 220. If we can then it will put a little pressure on England going into the second dig and that's what we need if we're gonna have any chance here. We just have to hope that one of the batters stands up like Blackwood did in the last game. As for the dropped catches!!!...just sick inducing tbh. We've just brought in a new fielding coach so hopefully in the series we have to come he will be able to work his magic. Needless to say though I won't be holding my breath.

S.Kennedy

The fielding! It was sub-Pakistan. They'd have had England by the bollocks if they had caught a few of those.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
This could be a genuinely fascinating game, rather would have had us put up a proper score but that wicket at the end makes me think we'll be alright
Could be the first close test of the English summer. Test cricket needs some more exciting games, everything seems massively one sided as far as we are concerned.

Bell bowled Roach and Gabriel btw ?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pitch was doing all sorts. Reminds me of the 90s, when Caddick/Gough/Cork etc. would suddenly look unplayable.

Hopefully it doesn't flatten out tomorrow.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Gabriel is an excellent seamer and so happy to see Roach bowl so well after such a long time. Gabriel and Roach can be a potent new ball attack for West Indies. Have said this before, Holder as a third seamer is not good enough and makes the side unbalanced. But he is good enough to bat top 7 in this WI side. So you play him as your 5th bowler, not your third seamer and watch how the bowling unit changes totally.

Roach
Gabriel
Cummins
Bishoo
Holder
Chase

That's a better test attack than Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, and not that far behind NZ and India (overseas).

This attack is going to get 20 wickets a lot more consistently

S.Kennedy

Stokes I'd consider a batting all-rounder and I'm fine with that. Maybe we all got a bit carried away with the Botham comparison initially.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England all out 250 odd at home against WI, but yeah, they'll win in Australia. Spare me.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I know it's probably been said before but what the hell happened to hotspot?

Ain't seen it in ages and it could have really helped with the Stokes hit ground/ball passing bat ultra edge/wnciko affair yesterday.

Only just watching the highlights, did the BCCI force it out or something?