• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Not a bad start to the tour, I'll give them 7/10.

Positives:

- Braithwaite, Chase, Shai Hope, Blackwood and Dowrich all had time at the crease and looked good at various points.
- Kemar Roach looked in excellent form, bowling at a lively pace, accurately and getting each way movement.
- Cummins and Bishoo looked in reasonable form too.

Negatives:

- Kieron Powell still looks short of form and runs. His second inning was frenetic as if he didn't trust his defence and he needed to score as many runs as he could before getting out.
- Kyle Hope got out cheaply in both innings. He looked good in the first briefly but he got out being loose outside off stump in both innings which is exactly how the seamers back home get him out. So neither second opener is looking good.
- Holder looked a bit rusty
- There were a few too many no-balls. Bishoo in particular shouldn't be bowling any at all.

I will be interested to see what combination we go with with Roach in this form. We can go with:

Braithwaite
Powell/Kyle Hope
Hetmeyer
Shai Hope
Chase
Blackwood
Dowrich
Holder
Roach/Bishoo
Joseph
Gabriel

Or they quite like going with 5 bowlers sometimes:

Braithwaite
Powell/Kyle Hope
Shai Hope
Roston Chase
Blackwood/Hetmeyer
Dowrich
Holder
Bishoo
Roach
Joseph
Gabriel

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4 bowlers seems better considering both Chase and Braithwaites have gotten test five fers

Last edited:

Beamer

4 bowlers seems better considering both Chase and Braithwaites have both gotten five fers
So Roach playing ahead of Bishoo, 4 seamers, an spinning allrounder and assistance from part-timers Braithwaite and Blackwood? Probably what I would go with as well unless we get a heck of a lot of sunshine before the first test!

mr_mister

I'd like to see Cummins given a chance. Roach ran through county scrubs. Cummins is the future

But whatever just glad Gabriel and Joseph are playing again

Want to see Cornwall too

Beamer

I'd like to see Cummins given a chance. Roach ran through county scrubs. Cummins is the future

But whatever just glad Gabriel and Joseph are playing again

Want to see Cornwall too
Lets see how Roach does in the other warm up but he bowled exceptionally well, I can confidently say he would have taken wickets against anyone bowling like that. I quite like Cummins but Roach on that form deserves a play. As for Cornwall, I completely agree with you, the guy keeps delivering, surely they can't ignore him forever?

91Jmay

International Coach
This Windies side look far more competitive, if they get result pitches can see them producing an upset as I think their seam attack is comparable to ours in many ways.

Their batsmen do look very collapse prone though.

Beamer

This Windies side look far more competitive, if they get result pitches can see them producing an upset as I think their seam attack is comparable to ours in many ways.

Their batsmen do look very collapse prone though.
I agree with you , I can see us bowling England out as we have got a decent seam attack. Gabriel could make a big difference as he's the quickest bowler by a distance. But we won't get enough runs on the board to win a match. A lot of our batsmen might well be test class in the future (Hetmeyer, Shai Hope in particular) but we just have too many of them learning on the job at the moment to upset a team like England in their own conditions.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roach has the experience. Gabriel is your trump card, Cummins and Alzarri are quite decent as well.

I remember a few months ago one of the options was Carlos.

vcs

I like Gabriel, but how good is he at swinging the ball? From what I've seen, he's more of a hit the deck type. Would expect him to go well in WI/Australia or even the subcontinent if there's some variable bounce.

SillyCowCorner1

How come the Aussie v Bangladesh thread got a sticky and not this one?

I believe west indies matches start before Aussies.

Beamer

I like Gabriel, but how good is he at swinging the ball? From what I've seen, he's more of a hit the deck type. Would expect him to go well in WI/Australia or even the subcontinent if there's some variable bounce.
One of the reasons he has been successful recently is that he has started nipping the ball both ways and swinging the old ball a bit at pace. He doesn't move it much but he's so fast that all he needs is to move it a bit each way. He's a much improved bowler.

SillyCowCorner1

Shai Hope crosses fifty. He and Blackwood(32) are putting up a decent 5th wicket partnership.

144/4 after 49 overs

grecian

Think we should go:

Cook
Stoneman
Wells
Root
Westley
Stokes
Bairstow
BEARD
Woakes
TRJ
Anderson or Broad, rotating, give them a breather, see the others. TBH, I wouldn't mind them going Cove or Porter, but that's probably taking the piss as with our "interesting" batting line-up we can lose to anyone if they have an insane (bad) day. This is depending on weather, if there was some sun around wouldn't mind seeing Crane play instead of one of the seamers or even maybe Rashid.