• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't watch once the Arsenal game started, watched that then the Bruce Forsyth tribute on BBC. To not bother watching a test shows how bad it is and a total mismatch. Glad we won but we learnt nothing about our players and theirs don't care or aren't anywhere near good enough. Least the crowd were more entertaining than the Windies with the beachball antics.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When was the last time Jimmy was averaging 27 with the ball?

I'd say this was bad from the Windies but who didn't expect this really. What a stats padding feast this is going to be.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
When was the last time Jimmy was averaging 27 with the ball?

I'd say this was bad from the Windies but who didn't expect this really. What a stats padding feast this is going to be.
Think we found that the end of the South Africa series was the first time he'd finished a match averaging in the 27s (or below) since his first handful of Tests.

Yeah his 5th Test. Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Steady downward trajectory since 2009 really.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The crazy thing about Jimmy is he ended both the 12/13 New Zealand tour and the 13/14 Ashes averaging 31. He'd been amazing for three/four years and still averaged the wrong side of 30. I never would've thought he'd get it to 27.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't see how they're not, you just have to play them late in the season.

Day/night Tests in Scotland at the height of summer would be hilarious, you wouldn't actually need the floodlights.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been at a wedding and my phone died at lunch.

The ****? We won the test today? Jeeeez

Starfighter

*sigh* the West Indies suck continues unmitigated.

Funny reading those posts further back giving them a more than negligible chance. Yeeaaaah...

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm not remotely surprised that their batting collapsed twice, and I think we've a good chance of seeing Blackwood's 70 odd finishing the series as their highest score.

But I was pretty shocked about how badly they bowled on day 1. That I expect to be much better

social

I'm not remotely surprised that their batting collapsed twice, and I think we've a good chance of seeing Blackwood's 70 odd finishing the series as their highest score.

But I was pretty shocked about how badly they bowled on day 1. That I expect to be much better
Anyone that saw them play in Australia and pretty much anywhere else lately shouldnt be surprised

I seriously doubt that they would trouble any number of fc sides around the world let alone a test team

grecian

Moeen is an average bowler who is smacked by good players of spin
Thats because TRJ is not an allrounder and there are many players like him but Stokes is of a kind which is rare these days in cricket
Yeah a bit like Moeen.

good win for England, people always talk about stats-padding and the like in these circumstances but seem to forget every single ATG player has had these series since after it was just Oz-England. I mean Cook had to face up to two bowlers who were incredibly deadly against left-handers in conditions perfect for them, he struggled through without massive damage, and made some decent contributions, now he's feasting, that is Test cricket, always has been.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
*sigh* the West Indies suck continues unmitigated.

Funny reading those posts further back giving them a more than negligible chance. Yeeaaaah...
they attract a bizarre amount of well wishers. as a result the credentials of their players generally gets a little overplayed.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Do ppl in the UK know what a beach ball is?
Dunno if they knew what it was but they certainly wanted it back!!

I was thinking how that would have played out in an Aus ground. Pretty sure you would have seen a dickhead security guard pop the ball followed by the crowd chanting "you are a wanker" for the next hour.........instead we got a hilarious piece of comedy that involved everyone. Well played all round IMO.