• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England players and selection discussion thread

FBU

International Debutant
1 Burns
2 Crawley
3 Lawrence
4 Root
5 Stokes
6 Bairstow
7 Foakes
8 Wood
9 Broad
10 Parkinson
11 Anderson

Reserves Curran Mahmood Bohannon Brook
Robinson to take 3 months to get himself fit

v Gabriel Roach Holder Joseph and Chase will be tough

Tom Flint

International Regular
Roy
Buttler
Banton
Bairstow
Livingstone
Stokes
Ali
Rashid
Wood
Archer
Mills

Would be my team if t20 would Cup was tomorrow. I'd like stokes to bat 3 as I don't think he scores quick enough early in his innings to bat at 6. Lots of right handers in the top 5 too

Aritro

International Regular
Always wondered what proportion of recreational English cricketers are of Asian descent as I assumed the answer was "a really large proportion". The figures mentioned in this article are absolutely nuts.

Privately educated white British players are 34 times more likely to become professional cricketers than state-educated British South Asians, according to academic research that is likely to invite further investigation of the game’s treatment of ethnic minorities.
The research, by Tom Brown of Birmingham City University, found that white British players are three times more likely to become professionals compared with their British South Asian counterparts, regardless of schooling.
Very few professional cricketers in England are British South Asians. On a conservative estimate, 30% of recreational players are of South Asian heritage, while only 4% of professional players are British South Asian.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Silverwood was palpably out of his depth. Nice bloke and all, but has more or less got where he is by riding on Simon Harmer's coattails.

Think Giles then compounded the mistake by doing away with the chairman of selectors role and giving him complete control.

Pleased Strauss is back, albeit in an interim capacity. Tory he may be, but has something about him. Hope he stays on permanently.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if Mo Bobat will make it through the shake up. Seems to be a well liked guy but he's the 'Performance Director' who was specifically charged with identifying talent and bridging the gap between County and international cricket, which has clearly fallen flat. He also seemed to have more say than Silverwood in terms of tour planning, and was supposedly behind the policies of rotation and selecting the bowling attack for each Test of the series before the series actually starts.

Reactions: FBU