Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: England players and selection discussion thread

State Vice-Captain
    Could see some of the Essex boys get a look in and given the club's recent success you wouldn't blame him. Porter could get a go as they start to look for future swing bowlers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Flint View Post
    Could see some of the Essex boys get a look in and given the club's recent success you wouldn't blame him. Porter could get a go as they start to look for future swing bowlers
    One reason I wanted the coach chosen before the squad. He may have a gem to unearth.

Yes big fan of Silverwood, obviously being an Essex fan, and you’re quite right Tom I think he will offer some of the Essex players an opportunity and why wouldn’t he, he knows them more than he’ll know most players and they’ve won the CC twice in the last three years.

That said, before this season I was really hoping the likes of Nick Browne, Dan Lawrence and Tom Westley with the bat would make serious cases for Test inclusion, but none of them have really made a solid case with none averaging over 40. Jamie Porter will certainly be on the radar after a steady season and Sam Cook may well be introduced at Lions level in the not too distant future.
    https://elitecricketexchange.wordpress.com - Overseas Cricket Exchange Agency

FBU
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    Yes big fan of Silverwood, obviously being an Essex fan, and you’re quite right Tom I think he will offer some of the Essex players an opportunity and why wouldn’t he, he knows them more than he’ll know most players and they’ve won the CC twice in the last three years.

That said, before this season I was really hoping the likes of Nick Browne, Dan Lawrence and Tom Westley with the bat would make serious cases for Test inclusion, but none of them have really made a solid case with none averaging over 40. Jamie Porter will certainly be on the radar after a steady season and Sam Cook may well be introduced at Lions level in the not too distant future.
    They had a chance to pick Porter at OT but picked Overton (f/c at OT Porter 18.00 Overton 32.00). Smith and Root will be the main voices at selection.
    England haven't replaced Flower at Loughborough so we don't know what Lions we are getting for Australia in Jan 2020.

State Vice-Captain
    Overton probably got the nod for his batting which didn't really work although he did stick around in the 2nd innings

State Vice-Captain
    I think silverwood will have a lot of clout over selection. He probably knows more about the cc and it's players than Smith and root combined

FBU
    I think silverwood will have a lot of clout over selection. He probably knows more about the cc and it's players than Smith and root combined
    Yes he does but will he be loud enough to be heard?

Guardian -
    'Joe Root, who has encouraged him to take a more central role in team talks and meetings over the past 12 months'.

At least Giles had a vote in the last meeting so we have a stronger looking batting line up.

D/L
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    I found Silverwood's appointment very surprising but I agree that he's probably more in touch with county cricket than any rivals he had for the job. He was a good, hard working player who, but for injury, may have had a longer test career. Good luck to him in this new role.

State Vice-Captain
    I have heard darren gough and Chris Lewis talking about how tough he is and will not pull any punches. Let's hope so. Smith probably had seen a lot of county cricket, until he got the job then he just travelled around watching the test matches in a champagne box

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread Information