• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wtf just happened to cricinfo

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's the percentage of deliveries a batsman was in control of (basically, did what he wanted to do)
Just a tad subjective then!

They'll bring in a first chance average next .......................................

Decided by those great insightful cricket students who write articles that talk about balls "drifting off the pitch" for spinners and batsmen "cover driving to midwicket".. :laugh:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hidden away from view in size 8 font. Pretty inconsequential piece of information, TBF.
It even disappears entirely if you haven't scrolled just right on the page.

Maybe they want users to become good at basic arithmetic.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
EngvsWI match reverting to toss after every one minute...I'm having to refresh to see score

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
And the Bang v Aus match score keeps leaping at random to different points from the Aus innings.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
@pews - That's true. It remains part of the glorious tapestry that is cricinfo these days, along with intrusive autoplay videos, counter-intuitive structure and the removal of live stats.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
These aren't even new problems, haha. Cricinfo has always done this sometimes.
haha i know - but it's never late to complain

@pews - That's true. It remains part of the glorious tapestry that is cricinfo these days, along with intrusive autoplay videos, counter-intuitive structure and the removal of live stats.
intrusive autoplay videos are so irritating

flibbertyjibber

I liked the fact I put a scorecard up for a county match and at the top of the screen all the other ones were missing and the only option was some random american sport (baseball I think) but not sure. Wish i'd screenshotted it.

OverratedSanity

People here have made fun of the wagon wheel and bowler pitch map data, but I'm liking it... it's one of the few changes which I approve of. At the end of the day it's more info so that's good.

srbhkshk

International Captain
People here have made fun of the wagon wheel and bowler pitch map data, but I'm liking it... it's one of the few changes which I approve of. At the end of the day it's more info so that's good.
It's more about how that space can be used for more useful stuff...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Another personal grumble is the Americanised headline comma: "Stokes, Malan steady England' etc.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No shame in admitting this, but anyone else hate leafing through old comms and having to wait for it to buffer rather than just get the 50 or 90 overs chunks at once like it used to be?

Also **** not having live stats anymore.

vcs

If I wanted to look up batting/bowling statistics of some series, I used to go to that match's scorecard from the player profile of some guy who'd played in it, and then there'd be a link to the series home, from which you could get the batting/bowling stats. Now you need to click on Series > Series Archive > [select appropriate year/season] > [select appropriate series] > go to batting/bowling stats page.

This might be the first thing that's actually improved since the redesign.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If I wanted to look up batting/bowling statistics of some series, I used to go to that match's scorecard from the player profile of some guy who'd played in it, and then there'd be a link to the series home, from which you could get the batting/bowling stats. Now you need to click on Series > Series Archive > [select appropriate year/season] > [select appropriate series] > go to batting/bowling stats page.

This might be the first thing that's actually improved since the redesign.
You could always do this.