• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP Comeback

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kevin Pietersen eyes South Africa T20 call

Too bad he'd be 40 years old by the time he qualifies for SA, and probably never get selected anyway

KP making an international comeback would be so awesome if it could happen right now

You've got guys like Gary Ballance playing Test cricket while KP languishes in the T20 leagues. Sad!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's a decent self-publicist is KP, I'll give him that

In truth I would think the chances of it happening are non-existent, but wouldn't it be great if it did - I'd love to see him playing against England

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
brace yourselves, flood of butt tears incoming
Ah seems such a long time ago doesn't it?

Honestly don't care anymore, if people are falling for this **** again, when he's played one match in five months, and then couldn't field, I kinda pity them.

Daemon

I like to think I'm a nicer poster now. I do rant off forum at times though, but I feel like I haven't attacked anyone or bullied or whatever on CW in a while. Too bad the thread was locked.

Niall

International Coach
From the first article.

I like it, I do, one thing this England test side is lacking is intent~!.

Drop Cook and have Buttler open also while at it.:)

Pietersen also said England should drop both Keaton Jennings and Gary Ballance from their Test team.

While the latter will miss next week's third Test against South Africa with a finger injury, Jennings is expected to retain his place at the top of the order.

But the former England captain remains adamant Dawid Malan and Jason Roy represent superior options.

"They picked a poor Test-match team," he said. "I know they won (the first Test) at Lord's but that was the brilliance of (Joe) Root.

"There's individuals that are brilliant, but the collective don't fire as much as they should and there are some holes in that batting order.

"You cannot have a top three that bat as the top three bat or has poor technique, you cannot have that.

"You've got to change that up, get them striking, get bowlers thinking 'Goodness, if I don't bowl this ball in the right place, I'm going to get whacked'. Malan and Roy are my choice."

srbhkshk

International Captain
People have been making exceptions for KP his whole career.
For good reasons, no? He is too old now to be really the same player so I was just joking. But pretty much the worst thing a sport can do is throw out talents like him from the system.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is what he said 5 minutes back: "If you look at the top 4 in England's test side now, there are a few positions I could play left-handed without pads on."

Daemon

Ah seems such a long time ago doesn't it?
Just had a browse and the tipping point appeared to be an argument blocky had with several people on the last page.

Man **** that guy. Killed the one good thing I was bringing to the forum (doggo pics).