• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Vern and Sir Jadeja

Xuhaib

International Coach
One looks a run of the mill county trundler the other a Bangladesh dime a dozen SLA darter.Wise men say don't be fooled by appearances both these men posses ATG stats and do not look like they will slow down anytime soon and with the bat in their hand they are more then capable of holding their own and give crucial runs.

My two favorite test cricketers currently.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Takes me back to the time you anointed Ishant Sharma as the next big thing. :p

They are definitely under rated here at CW though, I will give you that one. :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think people like you and me have banged on the "Philander is underrated" drum so much that it isn't the case on here anymore. Certainly, I haven't noticed any of those typical lazy "he fakes injury on flat pitches" posts nowadays. Obviously, his own consistent high standards have taken care of those critics.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think people like you and me have banged on the "Philander is underrated" drum so much that it isn't the case on here anymore. Certainly, I haven't noticed any of those typical lazy "he fakes injury on flat pitches" posts nowadays. Obviously, his own consistent high standards have taken care of those critics.
Not sure about that. "Philander will get exposed" brigade comes out quite often..even during the Australian series last year they were saying how he would get found out there.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I will stick my neck out and say that the new Pakistani guy Mohammad Abbas is the closest thing to Philander in international cricket.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And this is exactly the kind of bowler that Pakistan will never value. 1-2 poor games and he will be thrown out and forgotten.

Xuhaib

International Coach
And this is exactly the kind of bowler that Pakistan will never value. 1-2 poor games and he will be thrown out and forgotten.
yes there is a danger especially in UAE he will look innocuous and get the boot I really hope he keeps doing enough to hang on for the next away tours program this is where he can really come in to his own.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's no better way to get underrated in sport than to carry a bit of extra timber

Not sure what Jadeja's excuse is though - but don't think the Mephistophelian appearance helps - someone buy him a razor

OverratedSanity

Both pretty under appreciated. Jadeja's an incredible match winner at home, and Philander is flat out one of the best cricketers in the world... the greentop bully thing was never true and the tag only highlighted how most of this forum doesn't even watch test cricket when the so-called lesser nations are involved. Philander was excellent in a UAE tour back in 2014 and did a great job in SL as well even though his figures didn't reflect it. It's amazing how that one poor performance in Australia back in 2012 coloured so many people's opinions when the pitches in that series were some of the flattest imaginable.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No one questions Warner credentials when he does jack all away from Australia and South Africa same rule should apply for Jadeja. .The bloke is a serious match winner in conditions that suits him.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
No one questions Warner credentials when he does jack all away from Australia and South Africa same rule should apply for Jadeja. .The bloke is a serious match winner in conditions that suits him.
well i mean this is categorically false.

warner cops plenty for just that.

Spark

Global Moderator
*note: doesn't include basically this entire forum

Xuhaib

International Coach
*note: doesn't include basically this entire forum
I have not been here much lately so not sure how he is being rated lately. I remember couple of years back he and cook were universally rated as two best openers in the world and I would be very surprised if its a different case now

TheJediBrah

Surely you realise they were jokes and no one legitimately thought he faked injuries

Spark

Global Moderator
I have not been here much lately so not sure how he is being rated lately. I remember couple of years back he and cook were universally rated as two best openers in the world and I would be very surprised if its a different case now
I think people still rate him as one of the best openers in the world but to be honest the competition isn't exactly super-fierce. That he seriously struggles away from his favourite pitches has definitely been commented on at length.