• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Middx may struggle

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Not a lot of play at Lord's today, though what there was was fairly entertaining.

Keegan is now wearing a headscarf while bowling off an even shorter runup tha last season. This has resulted in a complete loss of control, it appears, as he bowled short rubbish with no discernible idea of line. After going for 26 off 3 overs, mostly to Newman, he retired to the deep field.

At the other end, Hayward kept a pretty consistent line - on leg or outside and swinging away further - and mixed up his lengths between long hops and full tosses which Scott Newman enjoyed almost as much as he had enjoyed Keegan's dross.

Cook and Hutchison bowled tidy line and length stuff which kept the brakes on, then Wayward went to the Nursery end, got belted a few times but then managed to pitch one on the off side. Newman was so surprised he flashed it to Weekes in the cordon. Keegan returned, got belted another couple of times by Batty and then deceived him with the even slower one, spiralled up to Cook at mid-off.

Benning looked in good touch while Ratracash poked about, even less convincingly after lunch, although the light was worsening. The umpires conferred with the batsmen, but play continued. For one more ball, which Ratracash had tried to drive hard to mid-off but succeeded only in a thick edge along the ground to the third man boundary. He then whinged to the square leg umpire, the batsmen went off, acting skipper Shah, Keegan and another couple of Middx players had what looked like a robust and animated discussion with the umpires about the light, and that, barring various later melancholy waves of light meters, was that.

Cheers,

Mike

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
badgerhair said:
Not a lot of play at Lord's today, though what there was was fairly entertaining.

Keegan is now wearing a headscarf while bowling off an even shorter runup tha last season. This has resulted in a complete loss of control, it appears, as he bowled short rubbish with no discernible idea of line. After going for 26 off 3 overs, mostly to Newman, he retired to the deep field.

At the other end, Hayward kept a pretty consistent line - on leg or outside and swinging away further - and mixed up his lengths between long hops and full tosses which Scott Newman enjoyed almost as much as he had enjoyed Keegan's dross.

Cook and Hutchison bowled tidy line and length stuff which kept the brakes on, then Wayward went to the Nursery end, got belted a few times but then managed to pitch one on the off side. Newman was so surprised he flashed it to Weekes in the cordon. Keegan returned, got belted another couple of times by Batty and then deceived him with the even slower one, spiralled up to Cook at mid-off.

Benning looked in good touch while Ratracash poked about, even less convincingly after lunch, although the light was worsening. The umpires conferred with the batsmen, but play continued. For one more ball, which Ratracash had tried to drive hard to mid-off but succeeded only in a thick edge along the ground to the third man boundary. He then whinged to the square leg umpire, the batsmen went off, acting skipper Shah, Keegan and another couple of Middx players had what looked like a robust and animated discussion with the umpires about the light, and that, barring various later melancholy waves of light meters, was that.

Cheers,

Mike
How you understand why Worcestershire didnt take up the extra year option on Waywards (get it? :P) contract :) He'll get you wickets but it'll cost you alot of runs and he's absolutly useless in the one day game.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
How you understand why Worcestershire didnt take up the extra year option on Waywards (get it? :P) contract :) He'll get you wickets but it'll cost you alot of runs and he's absolutly useless in the one day game.
Never a good joke if you have to point out the punchline - and Steve Harmison plays for Durham when he can find it anyway

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chris.hinton said:
Bichel is a better bowler than Hayward, and i glad that Bichel has come back to Worcestershire
There won't be many disagreeing with you there, Chris. I rate Bichel very highly myself.

*splash*

(sound of Bichel's career going down the toilet).

I have that effect on people.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
There won't be many disagreeing with you there, Chris. I rate Bichel very highly myself.

*splash*

(sound of Bichel's career going down the toilet).

I have that effect on people.
Well he just scored a 50 for Worcestershire against Kent when we were in a (little) bit of trouble. Lets hope he gives as much enthusiasm with the ball as he did in his first spell for the county. I have to say is there any better lower order / Tail than potentially Worcestershire at full strenght?
Kabir Ali / Garath Batty / Bichel / Andrew Hall / Rhodes all capable of getting 50+ regularly as shown in the last few seasons.

Bichel and Hall opening the batting in the one day game would be fairly exciting i reckon ;)