• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Game of Thrones SIM League

• Thread starter Deleted member 34141
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34141

The Iron Throne League
Season One​
Format - Test Sim League

Governing Body – The Iron Bank
Scarlett & VC the slogger Enterprises

Setup
League of five teams with a final to be played between the two teams who finish in first & second place.
Each House has a squad size of twelve. A pool of international players will be presented for coaches too choose from, the maximum pick is four international players per House. House Baratheon will have the first choice and run in alphabetical order. The first-round, coaches can choose two international recognised players. The second-round of the pick, coaches can choose their second two international selected cricketers.

Coaches
This really depends on interest and how many members sign up. If there is a scenario where there is more than five coaches then co coaches could be granted. There could be options for Season Two which could involve more Houses present. On a personal note, don’t like to see anyone left out.

Available Teams

House Baratheon
1 Mark Stoneman
2 Joe Burns
3 James Hildreth
4 Dawid Malan
5 Aaron Finch
6 Cameron Bancroft WK
7 Tim Bresnan ALL
8 Graham Onions
9 Toby Roland Jones
10 David Willey
11 Stephen Parry
12 Boyd Rankin

House Greyjoy
1 Nick Compton
2 Ed Cowan
3 Jason Roy
4 Varun Chopra
5 Alex Lees
6 Jos Buttler WK
7 Shane Watson ALL
8 Liam Plunkett
9 Craig Overton
10 Jack Brooks
11 Simon Kerrigan
12 Tymal Mills

House Lannister
1 Alex Hales
2 Michael Carberry
3 James Vince
4 Jonathan Trott
5 Richard Levi
6 Chris Hartley WK
7 Daniel Christian ALL
8 James Pattinson
9 Steven Finn
10 Ryan Sidebottom
11 Aston Agar
12 Sam Curran

House Stark
1 Adam Lyth
2 Shaun Marsh
3 Scott Borthwick
4 Brendan Taylor
5 Cameron White
6 Ben Duckett WK
7 Ryan Ten Doeschate ALL
8 Ben Cutting
9 Harry Gurney
10 Olly Stone
11 Adil Rashid
12 Jamie Overton

House Targaryen
1 Sam Robson
2 William Porterfield
3 Ian Bell
4 Tom Westley
5 Chris Lynn
6 Ben Dunk WK
7 Kevin O’Brien ALL
8 Chris Rushworth
9 Chris Jordan
10 Nathan Coulter-Nile
11 James Tredwell
12 Reece Topley

D

Deleted member 34141

Season One Fixtures

Round 1
House Stark
v
House Lannister

House Baratheon
v
House Greyjoy

Round 2
House Targaryen
v
House Baratheon

House Greyjoy
v
House Stark

Round 3
House Lannister
v
House Greyjoy

House Stark
v
House Targaryen

Round 4
House Baratheon
v
House Stark

House Targaryen
v
House Lannister

Round 5
House Greyjoy
v
House Targaryen

House Lannister
v
House Baratheon

Round 6
House Lannister
v
House Stark

House Greyjoy
v
House Baratheon

Round 7
House Baratheon
v
House Targaryen

House Stark
v
House Greyjoy

Round 8
House Greyjoy
v
House Lannister

House Targaryen
v
House Stark

Round 9
House Stark
v
House Baratheon

House Lannister
v
House Targaryen

Round 10
House Targaryen
v
House Greyjoy

House Baratheon
v
House Lannister

Final

Last edited by a moderator:

Bijed

International Regular
I've never got involved with anything like this before, so please bear with me whilst I ask some probably stupid questions

So I'd basically pick a team and when my turn comes I can choose to swap two of my players with two from the pool? Then I choose 11 of my 12 to play in each round, which you/VC will simulate somehow and tell us what happened? Is there then a chance for more swapping with the pool before the next match? Perhaps most importantly why is Mitchell Starc not in House Stark?

I'm interested btw, just want to get my facts straight first.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we have more peple involved, we could extend the amount of Houses...Tarly, Karsark, Mormont. And the bastards: Snow, Waters, Sand, Flowers, etc.

D

Deleted member 34141

I've never got involved with anything like this before, so please bear with me whilst I ask some probably stupid questions

So I'd basically pick a team and when my turn comes I can choose to swap two of my players with two from the pool? Then I choose 11 of my 12 to play in each round, which you/VC will simulate somehow and tell us what happened? Is there then a chance for more swapping with the pool before the next match? Perhaps most importantly why is Mitchell Starc not in House Stark?

I'm interested btw, just want to get my facts straight first.
Yes you would have a squad of 12 and with international picks it would rise too 16. Mitchell Starc could well end up playing for House Stark lol. And all matches would be simulated yes with a result.

Just pick a team if would like to take part :)

Bijed

International Regular
In that case may I have House Greyjoy?

Also, are you allowed to agree with coaches to trade players or anything like that?

D

Deleted member 34141

In that case may I have House Greyjoy?

Also, are you allowed to agree with coaches to trade players or anything like that?
Its more in experimental mode at the moment, so no transfer system is in place but there could be one.

D

Deleted member 34141

I would also like house Baratheon.

How've you decided which players are in which team?
Don Bradman 17 lol, just went through the academy. The original plan was too have Indian first class cricketers but my knowledge is awful there so apologises, don’t really know who the good cricketers are.

Howey, harsh did call first with House Baratheon, but there are others you can choose from :)

@SillyCowCorner1
Please could you choose a team would be very much appreciated :)

@Thread
The plan is that you build your own team but the obstacle being you have a team already assigned which makes it more difficult because you would have to work with the cricketers you have, like if a new coach taking over would face.

The option to sign international cricketers will give members a freedom to choose their own favourites. Also this will give members a chance to fill any weak areas, add more pace, spin and batting power etc.

Bijed

International Regular
If I can't have Team Greyjoy, then I officially choose Team Lannister :)
Sorry, since I don'tr actually watch or read GoT (go on, kick me out) but just thought this sounded like fun anyway, I didn't realise "What is Dead May Never Die" was you staking a claim to a team. More than happy to swap with you.

D

Deleted member 34141

So far coaches confirmed

House Baratheon
Head Coach: harsh
Home Ground Newlands

House Greyjoy
Head Coach: Bijed
Home Ground Kensington Oval

House Lannister
Head Coach: SillyCowCorner1
Home Ground Lords

House Stark
Head Coach: honestbharani
Home Ground Sydney Cricket Ground

House Targaryen
Head Coach:
Home Ground New Delhi

@Shri the door is always open if would like too take part :) @Howe_zat undecided @weeman27bob possibly looking to team up with SillyCowCorner1

@Bijed buhaha, no seriously you’ll be fine :)

@Thread
Sorry can’t take quotes it could be excitement for the new season, should of said that to begin with, just team name only please.