• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Game of Thrones SIM League

• Thread starter Deleted member 34141
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34141

Looking into alternatives really not impressed at all with this, Bijed hasn’t won a thing and the slowness is dull and painstaking. No he would sooner be off answering some very sick & disturbing questions elsewhere well wonderful, great for him soon that is all he will have left.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking into alternatives really not impressed at all with this, Bijed hasn’t won a thing and the slowness is dull and painstaking. No he would sooner be off answering some very sick & disturbing questions elsewhere well wonderful, great for him soon that is all he will have left.
I mean it's okay, dial it back a bit maybe..

Bijed

International Regular
Looking into alternatives really not impressed at all with this, Bijed hasn’t won a thing
Love that this is a criteria for judging if something is working or not :laugh:. You flatter me :)

(Even if that's not exactly what you meant or indeed the whole reason)

D

Deleted member 34141

Love that this is a criteria for judging if something is working or not :laugh:. You flatter me :)

(Even if that's not exactly what you meant or indeed the whole reason)
Thank you, yes sorry needed too cool down and thank you harsh :)
Well I look out for Cricket Webbers it’s a great community, ok sounded like cheese didn’t it well don’t care think it’s brilliant.

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain

TBH I would. Given how little all the efforts I've put into this league seem to count for, I would be much better off indeed elsewhere answering what you call 'disturbing questions' (it's AMA, what do you expect?) on a site where the efforts I put into stuff like this are actually appreciated by the people involved. Taking time out of my schedule to sim matches accurately (which is a bloody headache via cricsim; try it yourself and you'll see what I mean) to get somewhat realistic results and having to do everything manually from points tables to stats is time consuming work. Especially when I've already got a league or two running on another site and a somewhat busy-ish personal life.

I actually logged in just now to get on with R5, but since it seems you're already looking for alternatives elsewhere, I'll be glad to step aside and let them do it instead. I've got better things to do with my time than be constantly nagged on a site where I don't even really know anybody and the only people I deal with enjoy nothing more than getting on my bloody nerves.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
TBH I would. Given how little all the efforts I've put into this league seem to count for, I would be much better off indeed elsewhere answering what you call 'disturbing questions' (it's AMA, what do you expect?) on a site where the efforts I put into stuff like this are actually appreciated by the people involved. Taking time out of my schedule to sim matches accurately (which is a bloody headache via cricsim; try it yourself and you'll see what I mean) to get somewhat realistic results and having to do everything manually from points tables to stats is time consuming work. Especially when I've already got a league or two running on another site and a somewhat busy-ish personal life.

I actually logged in just now to get on with R5, but since it seems you're already looking for alternatives elsewhere, I'll be glad to step aside and let them do it instead. I've got better things to do with my time than be constantly nagged on a site where I don't even really know anybody and the only people I deal with enjoy nothing more than getting on my bloody nerves.
Hey man, obviously I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I think I'm fairly safe in saying that we're all sorry if you feel we're not appreciating your efforts here, because we most certainly do appreciate them. I've never done any simming like this myself, so I've almost certainly failed to understand the work that goes in to it, but I know what it's like to put a lot of effort into something for other people and for them to appear to not appreciate it (and to get given **** for anything they think you don't do perfectly). I admit I don't think I've said it yet, so I'll say it now - thanks for running these sims (if not so much for my team's results ;)), I've really enjoyed them so far, so I hope you can carry on doing them (and again, I know only too well how life will keep on coming up with ways of stopping you from getting stuff done).

:)

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey man, obviously I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I think I'm fairly safe in saying that we're all sorry if you feel we're not appreciating your efforts here, because we most certainly do appreciate them. I've never done any simming like this myself, so I've almost certainly failed to understand the work that goes in to it, but I know what it's like to put a lot of effort into something for other people and for them to appear to not appreciate it (and to get given **** for anything they think you don't do perfectly). I admit I don't think I've said it yet, so I'll say it now - thanks for running these sims (if not so much for my team's results ;)), I've really enjoyed them so far, so I hope you can carry on doing them (and again, I know only too well how life will keep on coming up with ways of stopping you from getting stuff done).

:)

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could do things quicker and post matches on the exact dates as promised, but like you said life is unpredictable. This week I've had a bit of trouble at work (which isn't new tbh), but my dog getting sick was the real low point for me. Definitely a bigger priority than posting some matches on an internet forum IMO, but I've still tried doing my bit on the other site for now.

I do so want to see this thing through (for the sake of proving that morgieb guy wrong at least :laugh:), but then again I'm not the one in charge of this. If they want to have me replaced then so be it, I have no intention of overstaying my welcome. I wish the next simmer nothing but the best to carry this league forward.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@ VC the Slogger, brother I was so sorry to hear about your pet. Hope he/she is okay now.

I really appreciate you sharing all of this. At the end of the day, you are as unique and normal as each and everyone of us. You have a kind soul. Don't let anyone get to it and put you down. Peace brother. Keep up the great job whenever you feel it is comfortable for you to do it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
vc mate, I am not sure if many posters seemed that pushy even here. We definitely do appreciate that you take time off your life to do something that we spend like few minutes on to feel good about ourselves. Its definitely an almost thankless job and you have been doing a great job so far. When real life gets well, real, you obviously gotta do what you gotta do and all these forum stuff should not count for anything, really. I just hope you have straightened things out at work and your dog is feeling better. I guess Scarlett was just a bit annoyed that you didn't prioritize CW over your other forum, but its your decision man. If you wanna hang around and sim these rest of the games for us when you have the time and inclination, that would be great. If not, thanks for helping us out all this while. Hope your life goes better and better. :)

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
vc mate, I am not sure if many posters seemed that pushy even here.

Disagree with you here. When someone keeps talking about "looking into alternatives" every time I'm a bit late to post matches, it does fall within the definition of "pushy" the way I understand it. This also isn't the first time she has posted something like this in the thread.

Might look into the possibility of running this independently next season, if that can’t happen then definitely another CW simmer.
We definitely do appreciate that you take time off your life to do something that we spend like few minutes on to feel good about ourselves. Its definitely an almost thankless job and you have been doing a great job so far. When real life gets well, real, you obviously gotta do what you gotta do and all these forum stuff should not count for anything, really. I just hope you have straightened things out at work and your dog is feeling better. I guess Scarlett was just a bit annoyed that you didn't prioritize CW over your other forum, but its your decision man. If you wanna hang around and sim these rest of the games for us when you have the time and inclination, that would be great. If not, thanks for helping us out all this while. Hope your life goes better and better. :)

I appreciate the kindness you've shown in your post. Yes, that bit about the other forum is true and hate to put it so bluntly, but I will always prioritize being active on that forum over any other forums I am part of. As a staff member over there, I do have a certain responsibility towards the members of the site and over the years have formed some very good online friendships. My leagues also have a far bigger following over there than they do elsewhere.

As for hanging around and simming the games, I don't know. One the one hand, I do so love simulation and leagues, but on the other I absolutely loathe it when people post in that manner when I'm a day or two late and call the whole thing "dull and painstaking", completely disregarding everything I've done up to that point. It's a simulated league after all which isn't going to run at the freaking speed of light, and also, I'm no bot.

D

Deleted member 34141

VC
All of this is OTT not too mention childish & just pathetic talk, won’t entertain it.

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
VC
All of this is OTT not too mention childish & just pathetic talk, won’t entertain it.

Wasn't me who started it. Anyways, it's quite clear to me now after having read your post that you have very little regard for other people's lives and frankly I'd be better off not taking part here. Good luck to your next simmer, and goodbye.

D

Deleted member 34141

Wasn't me who started it. Anyways, it's quite clear to me now after having read your post that you have very little regard for other people's lives and frankly I'd be better off not taking part here. Good luck to your next simmer, and goodbye.

No Barack Obama wasn’t a quitter he was replaced by Donald Trump even I know that, it’s out of context. No regard for other people’s lives what because I didn’t praise you.

Last edited by a moderator: