• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Top 5s (as of now)

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli himself agrees with this btw :)
Yeah but he also thinks Rohit Sharma has more talent than him and KW probably thinks that's he's just been arbitrarily picked to sleep-learn cricket and as soon as it's over he can resume monitoring the production of soma and ensuring total conformity.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Helps he's barely played away from roads.
also helps that selectors didn't play him in India where he almost certainly would have been rubbish

Some of his best performances were not on roads though, eg. Adelaide v SA, a couple innings in NZ IIRC

He should absolutely be one of the first picked for Tests in Australia

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be really nice if someone could send a reasoned response my way instead of just contextless stats. It isn't controversial to say you think Jimmy is better either, since as I've now said three times I have them very close, but I've explained why I think Broad is a little more rounded as a bowler right now.

morgieb

also helps that selectors didn't play him in India where he almost certainly would have been rubbish

Some of his best performances were not on roads though, eg. Adelaide v SA, a couple innings in NZ IIRC

He should absolutely be one of the first picked for Tests in Australia
Yeah that Adelaide innings was gun. Perhaps turners is more accurate in this point, he plays in India his average looks much worse.

I'd be keen to see him in South Africa/England.

91Jmay

International Coach
Khawaja is a good player but has a glaring weakness that the top players in the world generally don't, would need a big improvement against spin to crack top 5 or even top 10 lists imo.

Burner

International Regular
Pretty evident in this thread that Warner has gone quite a few notches below in everyone's estimation's after his stinker series in India, SL etc. Rightly so too. If you'd asked me a year ago I'd have said that he would go big at least once in any of those series'. I actually would not have minded if he was getting good balls right up front, but he just didn't look like scoring any runs even after being dropped a couple of times.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not just India and Sri Lanka, guy just has an awful away record (other than South Africa)

No centuries in England, West Indies, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No centuries in England is a misleading stat. Got 5 fifties last ashes, 4 of them above 75

Wasn't going big but he was scoring plenty of runs

TheJediBrah

Warner pretty much just sucks in Asia

afaik he's barely played in NZ and WI

edit: Played 3 innings total in NZ, 5 Tests in WI for a low average but iirc they were very slow wickets, with quite a bit of turn and pretty low-scoring matches in general. Especially 2 Tests in the 2015 tour of WI were very Asia-like wickets, and not exactly David Warner's expertise

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No centuries in England is a misleading stat. Got 5 fifties last ashes, 4 of them above 75

Wasn't going big but he was scoring plenty of runs
He has now played 2 Ashes series in England without a hundred. For an international batsman, that will be call out.

TheJediBrah

Yeah it's a very specific metric to judge someone on. Would it be better if he'd made a couple of 100s but averaged 10 runs lower? I doubt it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad has been the better bowler for several years now as far as I'm concerned. Since 2013, IMO.