• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Really Bad Umpires!

cnerd123

likes this
Wow, things in Hong Kong really are bad then...
It's the district elections tomorrow so this is a rare calm weekend. No one wants the elections called off.

Prior to this we've had atleast 5 weekends with games all called off. Considering our season only just started in September that's a huge amount. And we still had a bunch of junior game forfeits today because parents didn't want to send their kids out/traffic is still stuck in a lot of places due to train lines/roads/buses not functioning. I expect tomorrow we'll have some of our afternoon games forfeitted/called off too, especially if the elections aren't going smoothly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Literally just picked up the phone to post and ask about the elections. I think you said before the polling isn’t that reliable ahead of them, but what’s the vibe surrounding them? Is there any expectation (as opposed to hope) some prom-dem candidates will take a lot of seats of the commies?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Apparently 4 million people are predicted to vote today. First time all 452 seats in the district council are being contested. ATM 327 seats are taken up by pro establishment, so people are expecting a big turnaround this time around. There is at least one pro-democracy candidate running in every district.

I've just gotten up nice an early to go exercise my democratic freedoms

Burgey

How confident are people that the results will be accurate reflections of the voting?

cnerd123

likes this
I think we're pretty confident mostly. The District Council doesn't have the same powers as legco. They're just an advisory committee and have some power in selecting the candidates for CE. It's usually seen as a minor unimportant election, it's just that this is the first time HK people are getting to express themselves democratically since the chaos kicked off. I don't think the results will be tampered with

Burgey

I think we're pretty confident mostly. The District Council doesn't have the same powers as legco. They're just an advisory committee and have some power in selecting the candidates for CE. It's usually seen as a minor unimportant election, it's just that this is the first time HK people are getting to express themselves democratically since the chaos kicked off. I don't think the results will be tampered with
Looks like they've done really well :)