• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hasn't Umesh been immense in test matches recently? I like Bhuvi and by no means think he's poor but he gets more hype than Ben Stokes on here.
Yeah dropping Yadav makes little sense given how well he's bowled in the last few months.

Realistically though I still think picking Bhuvi over Pandya was the proper option.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Didn't realise this was on...shall watch an hour or two as it's raining here and I need to remind myself what a sunny day of cricket looks like..

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah dropping Yadav makes little sense given how well he's bowled in the last few months.

Realistically though I still think picking Bhuvi over Pandya was the proper option.
The problem here is India have tried to 2 things

They tried the 'lets give the bench strength some experience' route by picking Shami (his first test in like 7 months) and Pandya

But then they also tried the 'Lets pick the strongest XI to win the game' route by picking Ash, Jaddu and Yadav.

If they stuck to the 'give bench strength some game time' philosophy, then you drop one of Jaddu/Yadav, since they are locks in the XI, and you play Bhuvi, who could use more game time too.
If they stuck to the 'pick the strongest XI' philosophy, then Bhuvi has to make the side over Shami, easily. You could argue Pandya is there to extend the batting lineup, but Shami just came back from injury and Bhuvi did well enough is his last few Tests to not be dropped.

Instead, they've taken a mix of both philosophies, and in doing so have found the only way you could justify dropping Bhuvi from the side.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem here is India have tried to 2 things

They tried the 'lets give the bench strength some experience' route by picking Shami (his first test in like 7 months) and Pandya
Not sure it's so much about bench strength. When fit, Shami is the first choice seamer in Tests.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very disappointing that India has dropped Umesh as he is one of the worlds most improved bowlers

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This innings gives India so much time to force the win even if it is a road (not seen much yet) and they could get close to 500 in a day here.

mr_mister

holy moly 700+ on the cards here

****ing bat and bat india

I bet Vijay is cursing under his breath his place in the team is under threat here even when fit

mr_mister

SL's bowling is a concern, just imagine when Herath retires

Their batting however is super promising

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think they may go through a dip in the interim but long term I do think they produce enough talented cricketers to stay at mid to top table levels than drop down to Windies levels.