• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardik Pandya is dating Parineeti Chopra.
I guess that is more interesting information that anything that has happened in this series, though I am not quite sure I know who Parineeti Chopra is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
IMO Rahane in ODIs and Rohit in tests are basically kept in the squad simply because they are deemed to be too famous to be dropped.

cnerd123

likes this
Kohli is now second on the all time list for ODI Hundreds, tight with Ponting and second only to Sachin

Ridiculous

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The sheer normalcy of a Sachin 100 at the top of the order batting first, the Kohli 100 in a chase and the MSD NO knock with a match winning six in the last 5 overs are just modern day cricket wonders. We are a bloody lucky nation that we have had these 3 champs play for us within a 30 year window.

DanJamson

Banned
The sheer normalcy of a Sachin 100 at the top of the order batting first, the Kohli 100 in a chase and the MSD NO knock with a match winning six in the last 5 overs are just modern day cricket wonders. We are a bloody lucky nation that we have had these 3 champs play for us within a 30 year window.
impossible to have such records playing in other countries.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
impossible to have such records playing in other countries.
Because of the sheer bulk of cricket India plays? I think it's safe to say that Kohli and Tendulkar before him have mastered the art of ODI batting at their respective positions, and would've raised formidable records anywhere else int he world too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@DanJamson:

Lol.. But my post is just on the quality of cricket these 3 have dished out time and again and in the case of 2 of them, continue to do so. Long may they continue. :)

DanJamson

Banned
Because of the sheer bulk of cricket India plays? I think it's safe to say that Kohli and Tendulkar before him have mastered the art of ODI batting at their respective positions, and would've raised formidable records anywhere else int he world too.
no doubt. However, it would be difficult for someone to get 50 ODI hundreds playing half their cricket in the often variable English conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You mean the place where 300 and 400 are made like every other ODI these days? Trust me, if English cricket had a Sachin and a Ganguly, those wickets would have become what we see today a lot earlier.

DanJamson

Banned
Bangalore, Nagpur, Rajkot, Mohali etc are some of the flattest pitches with the most consistent overhead conditions one would ever play on. (in ODI setup)