• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yall sleeping on Mushfiqur
Git who can barely keep wicket. Decent bat but I've got him just outside the players who I'd actually like in the position on my team.

1. de Kock
2. Bairstow
3. Sarfraz
4. Saha
5. Dickwella
6. Watling
7. Rahim
8. Dowrich
9. Wade
10. Chakabva

srbhkshk

International Captain
India Marks outta 10 -

1. Rahul (7) - Needs to stop trying to outdo root in terms of being root, but was decent overall.
2. Dhawan(8.5) - Poor man's Sehwag did pretty well, but the real tests still remain.
3. Mukund(3) - Meh
4. Pujara(7.5) - Very solid #3, although just like Dhawan the tougher tests are yet to come.
5. Kohli(5) - Got a useless hundred, fought it out for his 42, is probably still missing 2016. Decent Captain, should be banned from slips.
6. Rahane(6.5) - Problems against spin remain, but he is gonna be a huge asset overseas, should punch Kohli whenever he tries to come near the slips.
7. Ashwin(9) - Had a very Ashwin series.
8. Saha(7.5) - Not a great series with the bat, but affirmed his status as the best keeper in the world.
9. Hardik(8) - Wasn't asked to do much, but did whatever was asked pretty well.
10. Jadeja(8) - WAC.
11. Umesh(5) - Not even close to the level of Australia series, but not his poor self either.
12. Shami(9) - Hits Sixes, takes wickets, both for fun.
13. Kuldeep(8.5) - Would have given him a 9 if he had a human face.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its that 7 o clock shadow moustache, isn't it? Looks like some of those caricature characters from spoof Hindi TV series and movies.

Howe_zat

Audio File
India Marks outta 10 -

1. Rahul (7) - Needs to stop trying to outdo root in terms of being root, but was decent overall.
2. Dhawan(8.5) - Poor man's Sehwag did pretty well, but the real tests still remain.
3. Mukund(3) - Meh
4. Pujara(7.5) - Very solid #3, although just like Dhawan the tougher tests are yet to come.
5. Kohli(5) - Got a useless hundred, fought it out for his 42, is probably still missing 2016. Decent Captain, should be banned from slips.
6. Rahane(6.5) - Problems against spin remain, but he is gonna be a huge asset overseas, should punch Kohli whenever he tries to come near the slips.
7. Ashwin(9) - Had a very Ashwin series.
8. Saha(7.5) - Not a great series with the bat, but affirmed his status as the best keeper in the world.
9. Hardik(8) - Wasn't asked to do much, but did whatever was asked pretty well.
10. Jadeja(8) - WAC.
11. Umesh(5) - Not even close to the level of Australia series, but not his poor self either.
12. Shami(9) - Hits Sixes, takes wickets, both for fun.
13. Kuldeep(8.5) - Would have given him a 9 if he had a human face.
Underselling how good India's batting was in this series, I think.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the **** hb talking up Ishant as the best 3rd seamer of India :blink:

Bhuvi and Shami with the new ball. Umesh as 3rd seamer exploiting the reverse. End of.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What the **** hb talking up Ishant as the best 3rd seamer of India :blink:

Bhuvi and Shami with the new ball. Umesh as 3rd seamer exploiting the reverse. End of.

Unfortunately Bhuvi wont be penetrative everywhere. Esp. in Australia, there will be tracks where Ishant will be a better pick. Its true, you friggin Baratheon.

And vcs, dont even think about a reply about Hardik being penetrative.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
crapinfo said:
India's 3-0 series win against Sri Lanka is among their most dominant ever, across all conditions. They had first-innings leads of more than 300 runs in all three Tests, and their lowest score in a completed innings was a good 101 runs more than Sri Lanka's highest in the series.

Astounding, reallly. Wow.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Angelo Mathews is the most disappointing 'good player' in world Cricket today.

Losing the captaincy and being unable to bowl he needs to average better than his high 20s in 2016 and 17 and he is without a century since 2015.

I know its not popular to move up the order when performing bad, but I would like to see him open.

Well done India what a paddlin'.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Angelo Mathews is the most disappointing 'good player' in world Cricket today.

Losing the captaincy and being unable to bowl he needs to average better than his high 20s in 2016 and 17 and he is without a century since 2015.

I know its not popular to move up the order when performing bad, but I would like to see him open.

Well done India what a paddlin'.
I used to really like the idea of him opening (back when they had lots of good middle order options and were struggling for openers), but I don't think now is the time. Not because he's in the middle of a bad patch, but because I just don't think they have the middle order strength to replace him. He should move up to four at least though if he's not going to bowl; that much has been obvious for a while.

mr_mister

Nah PEWS, I disagree. With Gunaratne, Dickwella, Mendis and Chandimal, AND De Silva (who I still maintain should be stuck with, looked sooo good against Australia) they have enough middle order blokes

Pairing Karaunatne off with Matthews at the top wouldn't be that bad an idea

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah,, ideally, if they go with the below side, they should get better pretty soon. There is enough potential there.

Karunaratne
Matthews
Mendis
Chandimal (c)
Gunaratne
De Silva
Dickwella (wk)
Herath/Sandakan
3 of their seamers/2 seamers + 1 spinner when playing in the SC

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What do you think our ODI side lacks?

A stroke making opener/hitter at the top, a solid "can adapt to most situations" #4, and a big hitting lower order batsman amongst the bowlers. Do we have answers?

mr_mister

Dickwella in the top five keeper-batsmen for Test sides now?

Qdk, Bairstow, Sarfraz, Saha, Dickwella

My thought is Watling hasn't scored runs in forever but I'm sure someone will come in and tell me I'm wrong
for me definitely. Love the bloke

mr_mister

Yeah,, ideally, if they go with the below side, they should get better pretty soon. There is enough potential there.

Karunaratne
Matthews
Mendis
Chandimal (c)
Gunaratne
De Silva
Dickwella (wk)
Herath/Sandakan
3 of their seamers/2 seamers + 1 spinner when playing in the SC
I pretty much play exactly this team in ICC17 at the moment, minus Herath who retired at the end of 2017, which was brutal to my bowling stocks

I use Pradeep and Lakmal as my seamers in game and at the moment that seems like the best IRL option too

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think Chameera and Prasad, if and when they come back, will make a better pace duo and you can have Lakmal as the 3rd seamer when they play overseas.