• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Exchange Agency advice

Woodster

International Captain
Hi all, I'm after a little bit of guidance from anyone with any knowledge in this area. I'll just explain my plan a little first -

So, I'm hoping to set up a player exchange agency, essentially offering overseas players the opportunity to come and play cricket in the UK, and also set UK player up with opportunities abroad by aiming to build up a portfolio of loyal players and create good relationships with clubs all over the world. Having played club cricket for around 20+ years I have built up a number of good friends/contacts, and having been captain for a number of those years the role of bringing in an overseas player has tended to fall on my shoulders, though at this stage I wouldn't suggest my knowledge in the administrative side of this is quite where I want it to be yet and I'm currently studying the visa side of things! Now there's an interesting new set of regulations!

So I'd love to hear from anyone that has either used an agent in the past to play cricket abroad, maybe some of you have done some work in this area in bringing an overseas player to your club. I'm just trying to get as much helpful information as I can, maybe some do's and don't's that you have encountered, some figures on what agents have charged, any unforeseen problems encountered, anything that may help me go into this business with my eyes wide open.

There is a lot of mistrust in this industry and broken promises, I'm most certainly aiming to run my business with more transparency, honesty and loyalty and set up some high calibre cricketers with some amazing opportunities. I'm aware that there is a lot of hard work involved in this and it may not be for the most lucrative returns but it's my passion and something I'm determined to succeed in.

Thank you all for your time and advice at all that you can offer.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate you've probably already checked the site out, but this outfit is one the lads at our local grade club have used when basing themselves in the uK. If I can get in touch with any of them to see what they liked or disliked, I'll let you know.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes, Nick Bertus was in our league, carried Macclesfield with the bat when he was over here! Yes from what I can see CricX is the main agency for this kind of thing in the UK, they placed something like over 300 players in 2017 just in the UK. If you can get any feedback from them Burgey, that'd be very much appreciated indeed.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't employ Adrian Shankar

On a slightly more serious note Dermot Reeve is in need of a gig - he might be interested in helping you set something up

Woodster

International Captain
Adrian Shankar!:laugh: Shows how far you can go with nothing but a fantasy for your talent!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two of the three blokes have got back to me. When I have all their feedback I'll vm you and get your email to send it through.