• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka 2017

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Mathews steps down as captain of SL across all formats..Disappointed but understandable as its impossible to do your job as captain with your hands tied behind your back..shame that the ****wits at the board and selectors still remain throughout all of this..Wonder which promising youngster they are going to ruin next...The cupboard is bare so I suppose for me, its Tharanga for ODI's, Chandimal for Tests and maybe Gunaratne for T20's..Hopefully Angie will regain form from this and go back to being one of the best finishers in ODI cricket (where he was a few years ago)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If anything this series and the recent WI series against India is suggesting to me that the likes of Ireland and Afghanistan still have a long way to go to catch the weakest of the other full nations.
Afghanistan just drew 1-1 against West Indies in West Indies

DriveClub

International Regular
They should have sacked malinga first for his massive pot belly, what an ungainly sight. Also how has sana the selector survived the *** tape

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka is unlikely to lose a lot of points from the India ODI series so their World Cup qualification should still be safe

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Chandimal named as test captain and Tharanga for odi and T20's.. agree withe the comments on here. The board and selectors seem untouchable and Mathews has taken the fall for their shortcomings. Still at least he may get some form back -just hope he doesn't decide to walk away and start playing the various t20 leagues..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
SL test squad:

Squad Dinesh Chandimal (capt), Upul Tharanga, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Dimuth Karunaratne, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Asela Gunaratne, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara

surprised to see Dhananjaya De Silva dropped as he is a very promising youngster in the format. I think Lakmal is being rested while Kusal P and Pradeep still haven't recovered form injury..Nice to see Kumara and Vishwa Fernando back tho..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SL test squad:

Squad Dinesh Chandimal (capt), Upul Tharanga, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Dimuth Karunaratne, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Asela Gunaratne, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara

surprised to see Dhananjaya De Silva dropped as he is a very promising youngster in the format. I think Lakmal is being rested while Kusal P and Pradeep still haven't recovered form injury..Nice to see Kumara and Vishwa Fernando back tho..
Lakmal is there, second to last in your list?

Chameera going to take the new ball, you think?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Singapore beat Mashonaland West 3-2 (Waller, Mawoyo and Cremer were playing) so by logical extension we should be able to pinch a game off SL. If you then apply similar logic we should also be able to beat India.

cnerd123

likes this
Singapore beat Mashonaland West 3-2 (Waller, Mawoyo and Cremer were playing) so by logical extension we should be able to pinch a game off SL. If you then apply similar logic we should also be able to beat India.
Bangladesh beat India, and HK have beaten Bangladesh

I like this.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Dimuth Tharanga Kusal Chandimal Mathews Asela Dickwella (w) Dilruwan Herath Lakmal Chameera/Kumara surely?

Pretty annoyed that Dhanjaya was dropped after having a pretty breakout first two test series only to be moved up the order in very tough conditions and not suprisingly struggling.