• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

lara vs tendulkar

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stats are but a piece of the pie and averages are the most often used stats. But neither tell the full story.

Generally I see Sachin as a batting accumulator and Kohli as a batting leader. Or to put it in explosive terms, one plays for himself, the other for his team.
This is forgetting the Tendulkar of the 90s, the guy who was smashing tons left, right and center in the late 90s. The greatest players are those who reinvent themselves as they begin to lose their physical peak (McGrath would be another). Post tennis elbow he couldn't keep going at it like he used to and that's the version that's stuck in everyone's mind. Tendulkar could dominate.

This is a lot like Ponting, I agree. He's hit his peak and some think he's better than the guy that did it for 2 decades.

Daemon

the G in ATG is great and the G in ATVG is good

it is important to use the right terminology at all times borges, hang your head in shame

trundler

Think it'd just be easier to refer to him by his name since he's one of a kind instead of fitting him into a category specifically made for him..

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Not sure his quote is really relevant, but neither is yours without context.

To win a test match, you NEED to take 20 wickets. The Indian bowling attack during Sachin's time was very rarely capable of taking 20 wickets, even at home on many occassions - hence why this current team wins a lot more (and really pummels opposition at home - 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 etc).
And Anil Kumble decided the verdict of Home matches.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah mate, nothing tough about that. As good as Kohli has been in Test cricket since 2016, Smith still comfortably ahead. In fact Kohli only started averaging 50+ around the England 2016 series if I'm not mistaken. Smith is averaging 62. Both comfortably ahead of Root though.

Slifer

International Captain
Lol at the people who think kohli is ahead of Smith on tests. There's a difference of something like 8 runs in their averages, not to mention Smith is better away from home, is more consistent and doesn't have those completely dire series that kohli tends to have (ex at home to Australia). I will say this though, kohli seems to have turned the corner in tests and his stock is getting higher every day. But for now Steve Smith is still the king of tests.