• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time - The Countdown (2017 Version)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone remember a few years there was a similar top cricketers poll and someone did a spoof thread placing Don Bradman at Number 8?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, in that case, will keep Harvey at 7 since a few of us think that he is worthy of a genuine allrounder slot in a ATG line-up. Updated squads below :)

Squad 4: Chris Gayle, TBD, Greg Chappell, Javed Miandad, Jonty Rhodes, TBD, Ian Harvey, TBD, TBD, Andy Roberts, TBD
Squad 3: TBD, TBD, De Silva
Squad 2:
Squad 1:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZTailender and NotMcKenzie nominated and seconded him respectively
I didn't vote him as my 2nd, though. Pretty sure I didn't pick him in the 25 either.

But as it stands, he's obviously an underrated cricketer going by responses. obvs not top 50 of all time but he was a very good ODI player who was a cornerstone for a lot of wins in a low key way, much like Chris Harris.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Eh? What about those three consecutive sixes off Dirk Viljoen and the sensational c&b the closing overs of that match at the WACA Aus won by 1 run?

What about those 4 wickets in 8 balls to win the TVS Cup final when India had been strolling to victory?

What about that 2 run win in Jamaica when he hit 48no off 30, then took out Lara, Marlon and Smith and they gave the Man of the Match to bloody Ricky Ponting?

What about that huge six over cover off Ben Hollioake at Bristol with the match in the balance?

What about that time he opened the batting and smashed the ball everywhere when nobody else could get it off the square?

Harvs was a visionary. The master of the cameo. He was playing T20 before it was invented. Excellent inclusion and I daresay he will be joined in the 2030 list by his nephew.
I love this guy

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All the democracy nuts can **** off

There are about 50 cricketers better than him playing right now

Cheating aussies

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I'd have defo voted for Shakib and Afridi if I knew we're just picking personal favorites vs objectively trying to determine the best of all time.

Daemon

Have noted all the responses to this injustice and will bring it up again when there are complaints over those dumb fan polls where Kohli is voted the best batsman ever.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Although in the grand scheme of things it pales into insignificance along world hunger, it's still against the spirit of the minor enjoyment syndrome for some fan boy to stick Harvey at number 2. On the other hand it probably ensures that CricInfo won't be nicking it.

OverratedSanity

I'm warning you guys in advance: if CW does a test version of this, I'm going to vote Jadeja at 1. It's going to be amazing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Although in the grand scheme of things it pales into insignificance along world hunger, it's still against the spirit of the minor enjoyment syndrome for some fan boy to stick Harvey at number 2. On the other hand it probably ensures that CricInfo won't be nicking it.
there is no way to ensure that