• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast as well as Spin Bowler.

Prashantakerkar

Cricket Spectator
Can we have a list of Cricketers who are Fast as well as Spin Bowlers in Test,ODI & T20 cricket?

Who are the Top 5 Best Cricketers?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Do you mean bowlers who switch between bowling Pace & Spin? If so, Colin Miller's the most notable I can think of. Jimmy Ormond springs to mind too, but lets be honest, his greatest achievement was his (admittedly ATG) sledge of Mark Waugh.

Next closest I can think of in Ben Stokes sending down a few overs of spin in the UAE, so I'm already stretching things here. I'm sure there's other proper examples I just don't know of, though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mike Procter was a useful tweaker when his knees were bad

Maurice Tate started as an off spinner before finding fame as medium fast bowler and Tom Goddard made the trip the other way

Tony Greig, he of the remarkably jerky action, bowled off breaks with great success in the Caribbean in 73/74

Bill Voce and Ekki Solkar started out as left arm spinners and Bill Johnston did a bit of tweaking in his spare time

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Botham sent down some offies against SL in '84 I think.

More serious comment: Freddie Brown bowled both leg-breaks and medium pace.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Old Bald Bastard (© fred) used to bowl a bit of both, didn't he?

& Junior Waugh switched from nippy mediums to ordinary offspin when his back started playing up.

Prashantakerkar

Cricket Spectator
Thanks.

Who are the Top 5 Cricketers in Test,ODI & T20 who can bowl Fast as well as Spin Bowling?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keith Miller used to mix up his fast stuff with off spinners every now and again too.