• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast as well as Spin Bowler.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sort of tangentially related, Mark Wood gets a pretty decent pace off a run that's not much longer than the average spinner's.

Only other chap who regularly touched 90mph with such a truncated approach I can recall was 90s Franco-Victorian back strain enthusiast Craig White.

EDIT: actually Chalky used to bowl offies originally, didn't he?

Last edited:

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Hanif Mohammed bowled slow left and right arm in a test and I think a Sri Lankan has done the same in an ODI. Dawson bowls left but throws right handed. Not sure if he can also bowl right handed but you would think he could.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Sort of tangentially related, Mark Wood gets a pretty decent pace off a run that's not much longer than the average spinner's.

Only other chap who regularly touched 90mph with such a truncated approach I can recall was 90s Franco-Victorian back strain enthusiast Craig White.

EDIT: actually Chalky used to bowl offies originally, didn't he?
Good spot I'm sure he bowled both. Giles started as a seamers.

bagapath

International Captain
Monty Noble mixed pace and spin, i think.

If he really did, then three of the greatest all round cricketers , noble, sobers and k.miller, and another terrific all-rounder tony grieg, belong to this group. This particular skill is probably not suitable for full time bowlers.