• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast as well as Spin Bowler.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but he might still be a vegetarian. Peter Siddle became a vegetarian and he stopped bowling fast. I don't know that his religion had anything to do with it.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, but he might still be a vegetarian. Peter Siddle became a vegetarian and he stopped bowling fast. I don't know that his religion had anything to do with it.
jfc all this time you rag on Indians for being Vegetarian but didn't even know why they were vegetarian

shocking

cnerd123

likes this
like seriously, all this time Burgey thought that over 500 million people, when presented with choices like chicken curries, mutton biryanies, and fresh seafood cooked in hundreds of ways, would then go on and eat vegetables instead because they felt like it.

wtf Burgey

Burgey

jfc all this time you rag on Indians for being Vegetarian but didn't even know why they were vegetarian

shocking
And you manage to ignore that the post I was responding to specifically mentioned his religion. Well done you.

If you begin bowling fast and revert to bowling spin, there can only be two reasons:

1. Injury.
2. You've become a vegetarian and therefore lost the ability to bowl fast.

Why else would anyone choose to bowl spin when they could bowl fast? It makes no sense #Australianselectorthoughts

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Shakib didn't begin bowling fast. He just dabbled in it for a bit IIRC. He was always a spinner primarily.

You should know this stuff being the die-hard Shakib fan that you are Burgey

Daemon

And you manage to ignore that the post I was responding to specifically mentioned his religion. Well done you.

If you begin bowling fast and revert to bowling spin, there can only be two reasons:

1. Injury.
2. You've become a vegetarian and therefore lost the ability to bowl fast.

Why else would anyone choose to bowl spin when they could bowl fast? It makes no sense #Australianselectorthoughts
When you're 45 and still playing weekend cricket, it's often the only option (unless you're fiery who rockets them down to the other end at 130kph)

the big bambino

International Captain
Afridi would sometimes whip down a 130k snorter.

I don't know if he's been mentioned before bcos I haven't read all the thread. No doubt some tedious pedant who has will remind me.

Burgey

Shakib didn't begin bowling fast. He just dabbled in it for a bit IIRC. He was always a spinner primarily.

You should know this stuff being the die-hard Shakib fan that you are Burgey
Terrible from ***** here. Even when TOTAB played his league cricket in England he decided to imitate Thommo and bowl pace. Only when age and the years caught up with him did he revert to finger spin and become the leading left arm spinner of the 1980s.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I remember Morne Morkel bowling offies in India in 2015.

No one thought it was a particularly good idea, and lo it proved

cnerd123

likes this
Terrible from ***** here. Even when TOTAB played his league cricket in England he decided to imitate Thommo and bowl pace. Only when age and the years caught up with him did he revert to finger spin and become the leading left arm spinner of the 1980s.
Fast bowling isn't intellectually challenging enough for a cricketer of Shakib's caliber

No surprise the meatheaded Aussies find so much joy in it. 'Oh look how quickly I can hurl this ball down, hur dur dur'. Might as well be a caveman throwing rocks at a tree tbh.

Spin bowling is a real craft.

Burgey

Fast bowling isn't intellectually challenging enough for a cricketer of Shakib's caliber

No surprise the meatheaded Aussies find so much joy in it. 'Oh look how quickly I can hurl this ball down, hur dur dur'. Might as well be a caveman throwing rocks at a tree tbh.

*calibre

Daemon

Funny then how the greatest spinner ever was a dumb blonde australian