• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC sim league IV

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year

Well, that's it. They've had enough, especially the amateurs. The oldies are sick and tired of watching (from above) the younger generations earning their millions from ODI & T20 cricket, so they've decided to host their own multi-million dollar ODI cup... in the sim world, of course.

Yes, I'm back with another sim tournament. Because, why not? This time we'll be pitting the greatest players from the pre-ODI against one another in the "pyjama" format. White balls, shocking uniforms, floodlights and zing bails a-plenty.

Participants will select a squad of 14, as usual, made up of players who played at least one Test, but never played in an ODI. This means a draft will precede the sim league, and will operate on a countdown clock free-for-all basis, much like the first edition of the sim league. Remember, you must select a legitimate 'keeper in your squad.

Once the draft phase has finished I will draw up a competition format depending on how many teams/players we have participating.

Teuton

International Captain
Not having participated in a sim league before, are there any tips for new players?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not having participated in a sim league before, are there any tips for new players?

basically try and make your batting lineup deep. the game will often use weird bowling options to so beware of packing your team full of part time bowlers as the AI may decide to bowl them over your actual good bowlers

like it gave Hammond and Mccabe way too many overs for my liking last comp with my team

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Along with MM's advice, one thing you should probably know is that there is no "form" in this tournament, as I sim the games one at a time in two-player mode. You'll also get the chance to have a trial game before the tournament kicks off, mainly to see how the AI will prioritise your bowlers, because, as mentioned, the AI behaviour is pretty weird at times.

The second version of the sim league would be a good thread to look up, as it was also an ODI tournament.

Shri

Mr. Glass
In if there is a spot available. But I'll step aside if a new member wants to have a go.