• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC sim league IV

kingkallis

International Coach
So I bought CC '17 last night and it seems like the game has come along way since 2013. The graphics are still the same-old but I'm impressed with the in-game stadia, which looks really accurate. I'd be up for simming a tournament with CC '17 one day, but a player editor for the game doesn't exist, so we'd be limited to concepts that could work only with the game as it is. Vanilla.

I've also been reading the "Cricket Captain 2017 Database Feedback thread" on the Childish Things forum. Apparently my theory that player ratings are primarily based on FC is wrong, and that the devs actually personally decide which players get which ratings. I know this because people have been suggesting things like: "Marlon Samuels' batting needs improvement." and the devs will respond, either agreeing or disagreeing, & make changes accordingly to be released with the latest patch.

To my dismay, the ATG mode is still missing some big names. Can't believe they've barely touched that database since 2013, it's just stupid when you've got Ealham, Dodemaide & Wavell Hinds in an "all time greats" mode, yet some genuine greats are still missing. (Not that I want them to get rid of Ealham, Dodemaide or Hinds!)
Yeah I bought it too and played for one full day as its still pretty much addictive after all these years. I like few changes which you mentioned but they could have worked a little hard on improving the graphics.

The AI still doesn't understand the need to play much faster if we put it in auto-mode.

Mulder is the new Schofield.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Your Father Smelt Of Elderberries XI
1. Arthur Morris
2. Lee Irvine+
3. Stewie Dempster
4. Charles Macartney*
5. Charles Bannerman
6. Martin Donnelly
7. Tom Hayward
8. Reggie Schwarz
9. Fred Spofforth
10. Colin Blythe
11. Khan Mohammad

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A

The Cud Chewers vs Your Father smelt of Elderberries XI - New Road, Worcester

Elderberries

Cud Chewers

Your Father smelt of Elderberries XI won by 18 runs.

Man of the match: Denis Atkinson

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Ah I feel sorry for the Cud Chewers. The Elderberries have performed so poorly even when we win the man of the match comes from the other side.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Group B

Jimmy Death & the Splish vs The Edgelords - St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury

Splish

Edgelords

Jimmy Death & the Splish won by 116 runs.

Man of the match: Warwick Armstrong

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
The Edgelords never looked in that. The Splish are starting to show that championship winning form once again.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A

Monty's Noblemen vs Industrial Revolution - Old Trafford, Manchester

Revolution

Noblemen

Industrial Revolution won by 136 runs.

Man of the match: Warren Bardsley

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
The Noblemen will need to pick themselves back off the ground after that one. IR showing us all why they're the No. 1 seed with a big win.

Teuton

International Captain
Woo hoo. Back in it. Good team effort by the revolution after some paltry collapses in the past couple of games.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Group B

Honest "Zero ODIs" Hunks vs Five Finger Super Punch - Headingley, Leeds

Hunks

SuperPunch

Honest "Zero ODIs" Hunks won by 73 runs.

Man of the match: Norm O'Neill

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A

Pants for your chest XI vs Scoone Corinthians - Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

Corinthians

Pants

Scoone Corinthians won by 59 runs.

Man of the match: Hedley Verity

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite their bowlers letting them down, the Pants' batsmen were looking very dangerous before a Verity inspired collapse sealed their fate. With batsmen the likes of Weekes & Fry in full flow, Scoone Corinthians look like the team to beat.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Group B

CricZo XI vs Mister's Men - County Ground, Chelmsford

MR Men

CricZo

CricZo XI won by 7 wickets.

Man of the match: Peter Heine

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
An excellent display from KK's bowlers. His team can do no wrong at the moment.

Currently awaiting teams from Nate & Howe.