• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpire's Call Won't Take Away a Review Anymore

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yep.. been arguing it for years now. Glad they finally took that call and also no more topping up of reviews. Equally good call. :)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent news. WTF is going on at the ICC atm......have they purchased some common sense from somewhere??

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good!

Waiting for them to bring back the penalty kick inspired bowl-off in the instance of a tied game.

They could go one step further and add the bowl-off in matches that are heading to be abandoned due to the rain.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Dammit. No. Horrible move. Now we get more reviews on 50/50 calls, more time out of the game, more over rate complaints and literally no benefits.

I'll say the same thing I've been saying for years -- don't ****ing review ****ing 50/50 calls and expect any sympathy.

morgieb

While I agree that it's kinda annoying for teams to lose a review for something that's an 80/20 but comes up umpire's call, the most likely solution for this is that you go for a lot more 50/50 calls than previous, which hurts over-rates. And in Tests there were very few wrong calls be unable to overturned because the team runs out of reviews.

Suppose getting rid of the 80 over reset helps in that regard though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be fair, the ICC cricket committee has generally been pretty good at their jobs and their recommendations. So its not totally surprising AFAIC, at least.

Daemon

Dammit. No. Horrible move. Now we get more reviews on 50/50 calls, more time out of the game, more over rate complaints and literally no benefits.

I'll say the same thing I've been saying for years -- don't ****ing review ****ing 50/50 calls and expect any sympathy.
It's a game that lasts 5 days, who gives a **** if we waste like 15 minutes more per day

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
This should only be the rule for your last review.

It would keep speculative reviews low, but remove the sucky millimetre close umpires call screwing the last review.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
In conjunction with the no refresh at the 80 over mark, I think this will work well. You'll still have to be very careful with them for that reason.

Tbh, I've seen reviews of umpire's decisions that I've considered howlers that have come up as umpire's call by a millimetre or two ... so I think it's good that sides won't be penalised for that anymore.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am all for this. The current system can deflate bowlers sometimes and I hate that sight.

DriveClub

International Regular
Actually they should limit unsuccessful reviews to just 1. That would make the teams think twice before reviewing strategically

smash84

The Tiger King
What was the issue with drs reset at 80 overs? I thought it was a good thing that if a team ended up wasting their reviews then they get another chance after 80 overs

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't wait for someone to forget that the reviews aren't renewed anymore and wasting them both in the seventieth over.